Baby Bluebird

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by sjfrellc, Sep 29, 2007.

1. sjfrellc

sjfrellc CLM

Shot with a Nikon f2.8 80-200 lens. This lens has fairly good Bokeh qualities (Bokeh (from the Japanese boke ‚Ú‚¯, "blur") is a photographic term referring to the appearance of out-of-focus areas in an image produced by a camera lens.[1] Different lens bokeh produces different aesthetic qualities in out-of-focus backgrounds, which are often used to reduce distractions and emphasize the primary subject.)

[​IMG]

Then cropped with little room for creative composition:

[​IMG]

2. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

I am a little bit surprised by the visible noise in the background at ISO 400. Is that normal for this sensor, or is it dependent on the luminosity of the background?

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

What a cute fat little guy :hearts:

I never knew where "bokeh" (the word) came from. Very creamy bokeh on that shot.

Did you bump up the saturation? I know Nikons generally are more saturated than Canons but wow, are those leaves rich!

4. sjfrellc

sjfrellc CLM

I'm pretty sure I shot the picture in Vivid mode because it was a dreary May 15th day with lots of green grass. I don't have Opanda on this computer to check the exif data. I think this also accounts for the noiselike luminosity of the background that I think is more a factor of the bokeh of this lens than any noise. I printed it out at 12 by 18 after cropping and there is no significant noise.

I was shooting at 400 because earlier on the park path I was shooting the following birds and needed more shutter speed and depth of field. I'm still very disappointed that I only managed f4 in this picture because my intent was to portray the winding path :

[​IMG]

I know it is blasphemy, but sometimes the Nikon 200 gives me better color oversaturation than I can get in Photoshop.

[​IMG]

5. spober

spober

a f stop also contributes to the bokeh effect.not as much as the lens ie longer focal length the more pronounced effect.whereas the shoter focal length have less and awide angle say even a 28mm will have none even at large apature!

6. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

The bird with outstretched wings is great!

7. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

That was an understatement!