close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

B&N membership

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Generalcarry, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

I've had a B&N membership card about 5 years now. I buy books on line and sometimes used books from the library. I was going to let my membership lapse, but I usually get about $.75 off each new paperback and an extra 10% off new arrivals. I bought 5 yesterday and save about $3.75. Anyone who knows my phone # can use my membership.
    Anyone else a member? Think you get you $ back in the long run?

2. jake9

jake9

I let my membership run out just because I don't shop there very much. Also, when I was at my local B&N they had a flyer saying members now get a bigger discount, so maybe it's worth getting again.

3. Spyder Teeth

Spyder Teeth Southern Gent

I know they don't have near the selection B&N has, but Walmart usually sells their mass-market paperbacks for 5.88 and their trade paperbacks for 7.88 (and up). This is roughly two bucks below the price B&N charges before any kind of "member discount". Personally, I do a lot of browsing and very little buying at B&N, Books-a-Million, Waldenbooks, etc. If I'm looking for a hot new title I either download the audio version from Audible.com under the terms of my monthly membership, or if it's the print version I'm after I order it from Amazon.com.

I don't see any real benefits gained by purchasing a card that simply brings B&N's prices down to competitive levels. Unless you have a B&N on your street and you do a heck of a lot of business there, then the convienience factor may weigh in somewhat.

4. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

I use the Borders membership. It's free, you get some kickback money during x-mas, and if you are patient you can use 25% coupons for one book each weekend.