close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

B&H...Great Service

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by DeadMansLife, Apr 12, 2007.

1. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

Just in...My new 350D w/18-55mm, 4gig ExtremeIII CF card, and tripod. Ordered @ 21:30 on the 11th. Shipped 2-day, and that nice man from UPS dropped it off a day early!!!

And go figure, my wife's grandmother has my new born and my 6yo isn't home from school yet. Guess I'll have to shoot jelly beans for a bit.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Over on the Canon forum, it is tradition to shoot a duck first.

20K shots later and I still haven't shot a duck unless you count my rubber duckie :rofl:

3. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I've had my 70-200 2.8L for a little while and NO duck shot. Plenty of puppy shots though :)

4. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Alright, alright, you can have your ducks... Is it okay that it was taken with a Canon A610?

[​IMG]

Oh, it's not Bird in Flight shot, but in my area the only birds that circle close over your head are vultures. :shocked: ;)

5. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I once heard a man say...A vulture in flight is prettier than a duck on the water.

But I think I was drunk at the time...or maybe he didn't say that at all. :rofl:

6. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Okay then, here is your vulture ;) (click on thumbnail):

[​IMG]

Actually, turkey vultures (the big brown ones on the west coast) are quite pretty, or at least impressive in flight. Black vultures, like the ones in the South, are a bit freaky because of their tendency to congregate together in large swarms. Looking up at 50 or 60 watching you from the trees is kinda creepy :shocked::

[​IMG]

7. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

Wow...didn't even know the difference. Thanks for showing...and yes the Black Vultures are the ones I remember. Reminds me of a Tales from the Crypt on HBO where a guy fell off a cliff, broke all his bones but was alive and Vultures were circling....