B&B Sales in Westminster and North Hollywood?

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by 10mmAuto, Jun 29, 2007.

1. 10mmAuto

10mmAuto Guest

Can anyone tell me why that gun store closed several years ago? Every time I went into the Westminster store, it was packed with customers.

You can't tell me that CA gun laws put them out of business. If that were the case, than many big stores that sell guns in CA would also have gone "belly up."

Thanks.

2. 50 Shooter

50 Shooter

I think it had more to do with the guys that owned the stores and the fact that even though they were brothers, they hated each other.

3. Fred

Fred Guest

Yep, that's what I heard as well. Supposedly one brother was not too up and up with his business eithics, and after their falling out, they closed the stores.

4. Mail Clerk

Mail Clerk

10mmAuto,

From what I heard long ago one of the brothers was busted up in Alaska selling drugs and accidentally sold some to an BATF agent that sent him to jail. That spelled the end of the entire chain of B & B stores. I alsoo heard they had a store down in the San Diego area. Too far away for me. The best one to go to was the North Hollywood store but towards the end all they had/sold was allot of junk stuff instead of the wide array of revolvers/pistols/rifles. After seeing all that I only went there when I had nothing to do.

Anyway that's what I heard.

Bye,

Mail Clerk

5. hardeyes

hardeyes

Hello;

Use to go to the N.Hollywood store. For a number of years it was one of the better stores in the Valley.

I stopped going there during the latter (closing up period).

I heard that they 'ripped' off a lot of customers.

How do I know this== I use to wear one of thier 'B&B' Shirts.

Sometimes I would get people (customers), Screaming at me, about how I robbed them of thier money, and how they never got thier firearms, (due to the fact that they declared bankrupcy).

I must have bummed into at least 15 irate customers. All demanding me to give them thier guns/money back.

I Tore up the 3 shirts I had left.

I actually felt bad, that a so-called fellow firearms dealer, had ripped off so many customers.

P.S. GOOD LORD, Sylma Hyack is FINE... (Watching dusk till dawn)...:hearts:

6. Mail Clerk

Mail Clerk

hardeyes,

So sorry to hear that terrible dirt! Oh well there well under six feet now so what can you do. Unfortunately the law will have to deal with the ripped-off customers.

In either case it was grand during their hay day. Now all we have is Turner's Outdoorsman now and they appear to be selling less n less now as is California allowing stores to sell. It's a good thing I still have my toys! :)

Mail Clerk

7. hardeyes

hardeyes

Hello;

Yeap... I hear ya.

I tried the 'turner's' Thing, but it's a shame when I look at what we 'use' to have available to us.

Things that made me give up on Turners were;

1) Cops comming into the store to see if they were selling ILLEGAL WEAPONS, ie-Hi-Cap mags, 'Saturday Night' Deadly firearms, etc.

2) The stupid, Los Angeles County--No weapon under 6" (I believe that right).

3) I asked the clerk, I was interested in a G30 Mag,,, To which he replied, " We don't carry accesories for illegal weapons":shocked: . :shocked: ....:upeyes: ...

We stil have Martin B rettings... In Culver City.

I use to go there when I was a kid, growning up. It's OLD SCHOOL.. With good people.

Take care,
    hardeyes

8. 10mmAuto

10mmAuto Guest

Now we also have Bass Pro Shops out here in Rancho Cucamonga (San Bernardino County) right off the 15fwy before you head up Cajon Pass.

The place is packed!!!!!!!!!!

9. Peak_Oil

Peak_Oil Guest

I go to Rettings when I get a chance. Nice people, decent prices, good selection, and a feel of history to the place.

Bless 'em.

10. proraptor

proraptor

I myself like Ades in orange, Fowlers and the stockade