close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AZ: Inmate arrested and jailed for trespassing after refusing to leave jail

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ICARRY2, Jan 25, 2012.

1. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

How is this news? We get people walk in to our lobby all the time who are homeless and want to be arrested because its cold outside. Just convinced one a couple of weeks ago that the Occupy movement down the street was better...worked for about an hour, until he came back.

2. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

That's government for you. They put in jail those who do not want to be in jail, and they kick out of jail those who do. :dunno:

3. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Most jails are better managed & ran than homeless shelters.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  4. silentpoet

silentpoet

Did the inmate have jacked up teeth?

5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

There's an occupy movement in LOuisville? Even taking an interest in it, I've never seen them on the news. I agree with the homeless guy - they aren't up to his standards.

6. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Well they really showed him!

7. John43

John43

I was aboard an aircraft carrier in the late sixties and we getting ready to deploy to Vietnam. We had an E4 with twenty four years of service. He had just been forced to retire and taken ashore with all his gear. Everyone thought that he had left the ship for good but he was found onboard before we left and they forcibly removed him.

8. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

They were across the street from us, in Jefferson Square. The city moved them to a park down near 5th/Armory.

I may or may not have sent a few homeless guys to them....hey, it allows me to NOT make an arrest, thereby further clogging up the system.

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The "want to go to jail" guys aren't uncommon. I recall one, from Louisville, who asked my Captain if he'd take him to jail if he kicked his car. The CPT said, "If you kick my car I'll take you to the hospital." They eventually worked out a deal to jail him for disorderly conduct. Another one called a dispatcher and asked what he'd have to do to go back to prison and stay, and the dispatcher said, "I guess you'd have to kill somebody," so he did.

10. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

They were across the street from us, in Jefferson Square. The city moved them to a park down near 5th/Armory.

I may or may not have sent a few homeless guys to them....hey, it allows me to NOT make an arrest, thereby further clogging up the system.

11. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

then stick them right back in. :rofl:

12. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

A 24 year E4?!

13. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

someone's rank froze ;)

14. Jbar4Ranch

Jbar4Ranch B-Western Hero Millennium Member

He must have been busted a few times! When I was in the navy in the early 70's, you could make E4 eleven weeks after you signed on if you were in the right rate. If you didn't make E4 after two to three years, you were a real screwup.

15. guns54

guns54 toni

I will never ***** again about it being to warm in the house.

16. ustate

ustate NRA Member

I've had inmates tell me straight up that that violate their parole once it starts getting cold outside. They know how to play the system enough that they'll violate parole just enough to be sent back to prison for about 4-5 months. By the time they're released it's starting to warm up. When the end of the following fall comes around they do it all over again.

17. guns54

guns54 toni

SAD.Very sad.

18. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

But, But, I thought jail and Prison was PUNISHMENT.... You mean its not any worse then the Juvi camp I worked at? The place I said "If I had KNOWN I would have been sent here I would have commited a crime infront of local Officer" "I spent a few HUNDRED BUCKS of my own money for a week summer camp, they get 3 months here...."
    Lets see we had a full gym, weignt room, basket ball, volleyball, climbing wall (3 levels, I never made it to top of 3rd) Outside ball park, archery, zip line, canoe, swiming, (and I am forgetting all the made up, wild activities we tried)
    Day went like this. Wake up at 7am. Breakfast 7:30 to 8am. School from 8:30 to noon. Dinner, work crew for hr (or two) such as cut grass, trim trees, move firewood, trail, building maint, Going to neighbors to help with cleanup, maint, (everything from picking rocks, gather firewood, fence, rip up old SMALL shed... Then activities all afternoon, (including taking on local baseball teams) and choice of 3 tv/vhs rooms, ping pong tables, pool table (only one of those) foose ball table (one) as well as board games,etc...

We were training folks to LIKE being arrested. Yes some I am sure didn't get into a life of crime. Then again they shouldn't have been there in first place. (the "parents" should have been ones in jai)