close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Awesome image viewer, editor, screen capture, slideshow software

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Furant, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Furant

Furant Millennium Member

I have used IrfanView since early in its version 2 days. I'll probably continue to use it for some of its more powerful batch processing capabilities. But for those computers that I set up for friends and family, I think I'm going to stop installing IrfanView and start installing FastStone Image Viewer. I just found this thing and it's pretty amazing. It includes built in screen capturing similar to SnagIt. It has a good red-eye removal tool. It's a fairly lightweight database (although I haven't tested how quick it is on large image directories). It allows newbies to e-mail pics and resize/rename them on the fly. And it seems a bit lighter weight on resources and more powerful in capabilities than Google's Picasa (except for its lack of a database for quick image searching)... and it's freeware for personal use.

Not affiliated, just initially impressed. This could answer many of the questions that arise on the board for those that struggle with resizing and further compressing images.

Joey

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

can it be used with animated .gif's?

that was my only complaint about irfanview.