Awesome Experience with 5.11

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JustMelissa, Jul 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JustMelissa

JustMelissa

Bought some 5.11 Burner 1/2 Frame Sunglasses on Amazon with the clear and ballistic lenses. They finally arrived 8 days later due to Amazon's messed up "Prime No Longer 2 days Shipping.. because we're gonna Fed Ex drop ship to USPS and go ground" sorry mini rant..

Anyway I was installing the ballistic lenses and all excited to try them out at the range and couldn't get one to seat. As I examined them I noted that the rt lens was machined or milled opposite the other and wouldn't fit in the lens channel. BTW lenses are Wiley X and pretty nice for anyone not familiar. I was soo bummed after the Amazon delay, but I called the 5.11 customer service and talked to a rep named Lisa, she gave me her email and said to send her pics of the lens with the issue and they would send a replacement set. I emailed off the pics with a note explaining the issue that evening. I had a nice email back the next day saying she processed an order for the replacement lenses. They sent them USPS priority. I emailed Thursday and I had the new lenses in hand Monday morning to take to the range.

The follow-up.. hand written 5.11 note card from the cs rep a couple days later wanted to make sure everything had gone well and if I was satisfied and to let them know if they could do anything else.

We buy quite a few 5.11 products, never had an issue, but I am very impressed with the level of customer service and attention to detail. Don't see that very often these days.

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Great news.

I, also, have had Prime issues. Not happy. It happens one more time and I'm calling. I want some sort of refund. Maybe $5. This "oh this will ship tonight" "uh, we didn't ship it" thing is getting on my nerves.

3. JustMelissa

JustMelissa

The Prime thing makes me furious.. box was covered with 2 day tape.. I checked the Fed Ex tracking on it.. it was in-stock by the way.. took Amazon 2 days to fulfill, then it sat in their shipping bay 2 days in Los Angles CA, went to Kent WA, sat there 2 more days, sat over the weekend.. and took two days to get here from Portland. Snail mail is faster. Most of that is Fed Ex doodling along until they do the USPS trade thing. I ordered books the same day in the same order, they came in a different box within 2 days.