Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AWB Defeat now FLOOOOODS the market....

6K views 38 replies 30 participants last post by  Cole125 
#1 ·
CTD, Buds, and a few other online places now "mysteriously" have AR's "in stock" :upeyes: Glocks are "now available" on Cheaper than Uranium:rofl::upeyes:

I guess online places can now pull those items off auction and sell them.... The prices are still INFLATED right now... But it is good to see stuff available. Now for GOD's Sake Loosen up on AMMO...

No, I'm not delusional enough to think that Wicked Witch of the West won't still try to BACKDOOR a Capacity Ban of some sorts.

In the meanwhile, PRAISE THE LORD & PASS THE AMMUNITION!!:supergrin:

#3 ·
I'll be SHOOTING some more of my ammo tomorrow. I have some cool old guns begging to be taken out and shot. I burned up some ammo yesterday in my Remington 591M 5mm magnum rim fire. Sure glad that ammo has been manufactured again. It was almost impossible to find a few years ago, even at $50 per box. It's $14 for 50 rounds now.

#4 ·
I think a few of those online retailers have been holding out, and speculating on even higher prices. They would have made a killing, if the AWB had passed the senate.

......I can't blame them. I probably would do the same. They are not in the business for any other reason, than to make money. Don't forget that.

ooc

#5 ·
I have no doubt retailers of all shapes and forms have jacked up prices and held back stock. Not only guns but most certainly ammo.

I have a fair stock of ammo, not huge, and I reload to so it didn't hurt me at all but a few of my friends were so desperate I sold them some ammo at just a bit above what it cost me. Not 100 percent markup but I did make maybe 20 percent more than I paid.

Didn't sell most of my stock but just a bit so they could have some. Mainly some Federal 'value pack' .223 and Tula .40 S&W as well as a box of 333 rnds of Winchester .22 lr. ammo.

But this should be a lesson of you of you here. Once this craziness is over get a few hundred rounds or so for each of the cartridges you shoot. If you reload, get maybe 5000 primers for each type you reload and a 8 lb can of powder (one can for pistol and the other 8 lb can for rifle.) I use Unique and Varget!

Don't get caught short again!!

Deaf

G
#8 · (Edited)
I see folks counting chickens that have yet to hatch! The craziness is far from over, and "uhh" as far as the topic of the AWB being defeated, you'd best wake up, Obamacare was far deader then the marxist/leninists sacred AWB is, or likely ever will be, as long as marxists are holding down political power.

There are two ideological holy grails of marxist/leninism in amerika, health care and gun confiscation. Just four years into their coup, they have one of the two enacted as the law of the land, and a midterm election just 18-months off, in which it strongly appears that the commies get back the supermajorities that brought them the first of their holy grails!

No, the AWB is far from dead.

#9 ·
I see folks counting chickens that have yet to hatch! The craziness is far from over, and "uhh" as far as the topic of the AWB being defeated, you'd best wake up, Obamacare was far deader then the marxist/leninists sacred AWB is, or likely ever will be, as long as marxists are holding down political power.

There are two ideological holy grails of marxist/leninism in amerika, health care and gun confiscation. Just four years into their coup, they have one of the two enacted as the law of the land, and a midterm election just 18-months off, in which it strongly appears that the commies get back the supermajorities that brought them the first of their holy grails!

No, the AWB is far from dead.
This man speaks from wisdom. They aren't done. They are just regrouping. Take advantage of the lull for it won't last long.

#13 ·
The fight is not over. We need to stop congratulating ourselves. There is still a magazine limitation bill and a universal background check bill. Not to mention the UN gun treaty, and even with this AWB, it is never truly dead until the session is over. Also, many of our state legislations are in session and considering similar anti-gun legislation.

Stay vigilant fellas! Keep on your representatives. The fight for freedom is never ending.

#15 ·
This man speaks from wisdom. They aren't done. They are just regrouping. Take advantage of the lull for it won't last long.

I agree.

My eyes were really opened after the pool of transferable Class III weapons was frozen and Bush #1 implemented the ban on all sorts of semi-automatic rifles, etc. I was fully prepared and stocked up by the time the first “assault weapons ban” was put into effect. That legislation convinced me that the gun grabbers would never give up. I did take advantage of the lull when the first “assault weapons ban” expired, but that was just excess on my part.

I was not caught short or wanting when Our Dear Leader was first elected and the craziness started again, but I still took advantage when there was a lull after that hysteria died down, just as I will take advantage of any lull, if things ever calm down again. I can see the handwriting on the wall, and for anyone that values their Second Amendment Rights, the future looks real bad.

I learned my lesson, but the question is; how many of you are going to be lulled into a false sense of security?

RJ

#16 ·
The fight is never over. The battle might have been "won", but the war will never end.
It only takes the next mass killing more "shocking" than the last, by some lunatic using guns, and it starts all over again.
Never become complacent.

#18 ·
^^^ Guessing here that there will be a whole bunch of deadbeat high bidders.

#19 ·
I have no doubt retailers of all shapes and forms have jacked up prices and held back stock. Not only guns but most certainly ammo.

I have a fair stock of ammo, not huge, and I reload to so it didn't hurt me at all but a few of my friends were so desperate I sold them some ammo at just a bit above what it cost me. Not 100 percent markup but I did make maybe 20 percent more than I paid.

Didn't sell most of my stock but just a bit so they could have some. Mainly some Federal 'value pack' .223 and Tula .40 S&W as well as a box of 333 rnds of Winchester .22 lr. ammo.

But this should be a lesson of you of you here. Once this craziness is over get a few hundred rounds or so for each of the cartridges you shoot. If you reload, get maybe 5000 primers for each type you reload and a 8 lb can of powder (one can for pistol and the other 8 lb can for rifle.) I use Unique and Varget!

Don't get caught short again!!

Deaf
I have plenty of primers and powder.It's projectiles I wish I had stocked up on. I only have 2,000 bullets for each caliber I shoot. I need to get after market barrels and learn how to load lead so I am more prepared next time.

#20 ·
>>I'm not buying it for a minute. I may be being cynical, but I smell political BS and flim flam. This isn't over yet.<<

I agree wholeheartedly! Those bastards have something up their collective sleeves!

#24 ·
I have a C&R FFL and am on several distributors email lists. Since the death of the Feinstein bill was announced yesterday I have received 3 emails from distributors announcing they now have AR's or AK's in stock.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.