close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Award Winning Italian Tomatoe Sauce Recipe

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Caretaker, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Caretaker

Caretaker GO YANKEES!!!

Here is the Winning Recipe for Tomatoe Sauce From The relatives from the "Old Country" of Italy:.....

HOMEMADE ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE

• 28 or 35 OUNCE WHOLE PEELED PLUM TOMATOES (Slightly Blended)
    • ½ ONION CHOPPED
    • 2 CLOVES FRESH GARLIC CHOPPED
    • 2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED PARSLEY
    • 1 TABLESPOON OREGANO
    • 1 TABLESPOON BASIL
    • 1 TABLESPOON SUGAR
    • 2 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL
    • 1 TEASPOON SALT
    • ½ TEASPOON GROUND PEPPER
    • 2 TABLESPOONS TOMATO PASTE
    Optional: 1/2 Cup Italian Red Wine.

IN LARGE SAUCE/STOCK POT:
    SAUTE ONIONS IN OLIVE OIL TILL TRANSLUCENT/CLEAR, THEN ADD CHOPPED GARLIC AND COOK TILL LIGHTLY GOLDEN BROWN.
    THEN ADD BLENDED PLUM TOMATOES AND BRING TO BOIL, THEN TURN DOWN TO HEAVY SIMMER/SLIGHT RIPPLE.
    ADD TOMATO PASTE, OREGANO, PARSLEY, BASIL, SUGAR, SALT AND PEPPER. LET COOK FOR ½ HOUR AT STEADY RIPPLING BOIL.
    AT THIS POINT, YOU CAN ADD YOUR COOKED/BROWNED-OFF MEATBALLS, SAUSAGE, PORK CHOPS, SHORT RIBS OR GROUND BEEF TO IT TO MAKE YOUR MEAT SAUCE. AT THIS TIME, YOU MAY ADD YOUR OPTIONAL RED WINE. COOK AT A STEADY SIMMER FOR ANOTHER 45 MINUTES TO AN HOUR LONGER TILL DONE.

YIELDS APPROXIMATELY (1) ONE QUART WITHOUT ADDED MEAT.

SPECIAL NOTE: ABOVE LIST OF INGREDIENTS IS JUST A STANDARD TO FOLLOW AND WILL BE NEEDED TO BE ADJUSTED TO THE AMOUNT YOUR WANTING TO MAKE OR IS NEEDED FOR WHATEVER AMOUNT OR FOR WHATEVER AMOUNT OF PEOPLE YOUR ARE COOKING FOR.

BON APPETITO.
    kevin;f ;f ;f ;f

2. BLAZE

BLAZE

u forgot the cyanna pepper.:cool: You know I like it when you put that.Plus you have the best sause I have ever tasted. yummy:)

3. Caretaker

Caretaker GO YANKEES!!!

Thank you gorgeous, glad you like it. anything for you.;f ;f ;f

4. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Oh, you went to school with Dan "Potatoe" Quayle.

;) ;f ;z

5. Zak3056

Zak3056 NRA Life Member

6. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Hi Zak, thanks. Caretaker, as much as I hate to admit it, is my brother. We both do the cooking in the house and that's our family recipe. Thanks for looking out for me though. ;) ;f

7. Caretaker

Caretaker GO YANKEES!!!

before i became a GT member, there were requests by people who were searching for a good homemade Italian Tomatoe Sauce recipe. I was asked by my brother Eddie C. to write out the recipe for him of the Italian Tomato Sauce I learned and altered through the years which i had learned from our relatives from the OLDE COUNTRY of Italy and passed on to Our MOM and then passed on to us. I was the one who provided that recipe at that time and also the one providing it again now upon some requests I had seen here in the threads in the food forum, as well as a number of other tips and recipes I have learned and was taught and redeveloped over my life from cooking and experiementing with ingredients and such.

I hope you enjoyed the Italian Tomato sauce Recipe then as you will now.

Bon Appetit from ME.

:) :) :) :)

8. Zak3056

Zak3056 NRA Life Member

Sorry about that, Caretaker. ;f

9. Caretaker

Caretaker GO YANKEES!!!

no need for that...its all cool we are family here and we help one another out. eddie should be and is very happy to have a good freind such as youraself so no problem here just giving some bacground to the recipes we have developed in our family and have gone down from generation to generation in the family here from italy to here in america...some of the stories and memories are not so much of the food and recipes we came up with but rather the stories and laughs and times we shared together as a family throughout the years. the recipes are just a special gift of love that had come from the fruits of the love we shared together.

hope you get to enjoy and try some of the family recipes we have to offer and pass on to others. they are all so good and enjoyable and tasty too...lol

be good and hope to find a good friend on here such as you are to eddie for myself. thanks alot and maybe we can share freindship as well.

god bless and bon appetit from me.
    ;f ;f ;f ;f ;f ;f ;f ;f ;f