·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last two bites of beef jerkey fell on the patrol car seat. What a waste

·
Registered
10,922 Posts
And the three second rule definately does not apply to patrol car seats and station house floors.

·
Five-O
817 Posts
I hate it when i drop my bottle cap between the seats.... such a pain in the butt to retrieve.

·
Five-O
817 Posts
THAT is a pain in the ass, for sure.

·
Five-O
817 Posts
I've got one to top all others: When you've got 1 minute 30 seconds left of your 21 minute "observation" period with the intoxilyzer, you go to grab a mouth piece from the passenger seat and inadvertently swipe the power plug for the instrument, shutting it off. Start over.

Any DUI tech will know my pain.

·
Five-O
817 Posts
Yea, on camera and everything.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dropping the DL is the top disappointment though. In that mess of radio wireless and old french fries it's almost impossible to find. Of course it always hits the cage and slides JUST out of easy reach.

·
Registered
32,127 Posts
I no longer eat in the patrol car I am so cootie phobic. As for the 5 second rule, I beleive in the 3 inch rule. If it comes within 3 inches of the department floor it gets tossed.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
And the three second rule definately does not apply to patrol car seats and station house floors.
What if the this happens inside of your own take home car? Does the "as long as I can get my hands on it, it's still fair game" rule apply???:rofl::rofl: The S.H rule is universal......

·
Registered
10,922 Posts
My take home car was a former station patrol car, so I would have to say NO! :rofl:

·
Private side
11,534 Posts
Dropping the DL is the top disappointment though. In that mess of radio wireless and old french fries it's almost impossible to find. Of course it always hits the cage and slides JUST out of easy reach.
Try dropping it in the drain on the interstate, that or watching a drunk drop his keys down the same drain.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Try dropping it in the drain on the interstate, that or watching a drunk drop his keys down the same drain.
How about dropping a DL inside the drivers door alongside the door glass.....:faint:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
We have vinyl seat/floors.

I carry bleach wipes and wipe down everyghing at the beginning of the shift.

I still don't like eating stuff dropped on the seat.

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
We have vinyl seat/floors.

I carry bleach wipes and wipe down everyghing at the beginning of the shift.

I still don't like eating stuff dropped on the seat.
Now, that is a smart thing to do. I probably would eat in the car then, with proper precautions, lol.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bleach the car surfaces down every time I clean it whether it needs it or not lol

I cleaned all the soda or whatever unknown sticky stubstance off of the AM FM radio last night along with the whole center of the dash to include the trunk release button on the crown vic. I work with %#%# slobs. If you spill something in the car at least wipe the stuff up. I hate switching cars out every other day. It seems like I clean up everyones mess and it does not good to tell them to clean it up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts