close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Avoid www.bestknives.com

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Rusty Shackleford, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

www.bestknives.com

Good prices, good selection, the slowest, most unresponsive, apathetic dealers I've ever dealt with online.

Order #1: $200+ worth of stuff.. they bungled the UPS label, and refused to sort it out with UPS after it was "out for delivery" over night and never showed up. I was eventually able to resolve it without their help. You'd think for that kind of money they could be bothered to follow up and encourage repeat business.

Order #2: I believe in 2nd chances (and it appears I'm stupid). Ordered a knife and some tools from them. They're located within driving distance, and claim to ship in-stock items within 24 hours. I need the tools quickly so this sounds good.

Four days later, I email them to ask if something in my order is out of stock, since there's been no activity. Two days later, after getting no answer, I ask them to cancel my order if it hasn't shipped by the end of day #6.

Mid-morning on day #6 I get an email asking if I want the knife, that only the tools I ordered are out of stock. I say sure, forget the tools and ship me the knife and that'll be great.

End of day #7, no change to my order status, no charge to my CC and no response to emails. Recordings at all of their contact numbers.

I emailed telling them to forget the full order.

Now for comparison:

After one week, BestKnives could not manage to send me an in-stock knife.

One hour after placing an order for the same knife with a dealer in Oklahoma, I had received an email from a human, saying thanks and we'll have your knife shipped monday morning. The knife was priced lower, there was no FL sales tax in addition, and the insured shipping cost was lower. (despite the proximity of BestKnives)

Given those two options, which would any sane shopper take?

2. Cawdor

Cawdor Millennium Member

I've ordered from Best Knives twice. I did not have any problems.