Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a G17 I am not rich so I am shopping around and trying to find a good deal. Glocks seem to really hold there value as I found out while looking around. I am not sure if I want a G17 G17c or G34. I am looking to do competition shooting. I live in DFW area in Texas.

·
LSG #67
588 Posts
If you want a new one, check out the next gun show. http://www.aubreyturner.org/gunshows/index.php

For a used one check here on this forum or here: www.elitedealseeker.com

I've seen a pretty broad range of asking prices for used ones. Sometimes you can get a real nice deal on one that's already got some extra goodies. ;)

Depending on what type of competitive shooting you're thinking about, the 17 or the 34 would serve you well. The 17C and all other ported or compensated guns are not allowed in IDPA. If you get a ported gun you'd be limiting yourself. Of course you could always buy an extra unported factory barrel and use that in competitions that don't allow ports.

I've used my 17 in quite a few IDPA matches and it's been great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the info I will cross out compensated pistols off my list then. Do you think that the 34 would be that much better than the 17 because the 34 is like a extra 80 dollars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts