close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JuneyBooney, Jan 11, 2010.

1. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Well, my gf wanted to see Avatar so we went. 12.50 a ticket and my left eye has cornea ectasia so guess what...that is right..the 3d glasses didn't do a thing for me. :rofl: I could have seen it in the 7.50 follar movie and noticed no difference. But the movie was good. I can't believe the theaters were crowded on a Monday afternoon. :wow:So gf said 3d was great so hopefully the movie stays out long enough that I may be able to get a lens on my eye so I can see the 3d imaging. Otherwise it is just a waste of my money. But it is worth seeing anyway. It does depict capitalism in a negative light but if you think about it nobody is in the middle of the political road anymore.

2. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

The gf & i saw it in 3D last Friday. It was really (really) good to watch but the story was 'typical'

Yes, it's a movie made for guys in thier 30s who still live in thier parent's basement but for the visual effects alone it is worth seeing.

3. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

You are right in that the story is somewhat typical. The avatar type of character was done in a Bruce Willis movie where he played a cop who could get different bodies.I can't remember the name though. But overall the movie was worth seeing at the theater.

4. chris in va

chris in va

It was my first 3D movie, I was blown away. At first we sat in about the 15th row, but about 5 minutes in I insisted we move up to the 5th. Much better. You just can't get the full effect way in the back.

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

I did IMAX 3D and it was AWESOME!!! (And only $9.00!)

I'm ready to see it again!

6. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I am going to see it again in the regular version just to see the difference. Pretty darn good movie in my opinion. Then if I can get my left eye a contact lens that works I may try it again in 3d. I had never been to Imax before today.

7. kiole

kiole

cost me freaking 15$ but i will say it was an awsome experience. First new 3D movie. The preview for Alice in Wonderland looked amazing in 3d also.

8. Tvov

Tvov

lol, I just saw it last night. I had thought that there was only one IMAX theater within 1.5 hours of me, but found out that there was a closer one about 45 minutes away. I took the family, and greatly enjoyed the movie. BUT... are IMAX theaters / screens smaller now?? Both my wife and I swear that the IMAX theater we originally went to about 10 years ago had a substantially bigger screen (like, a HUGE screen). The one we saw last night was bigger than a regular movie screen, but really not that much bigger. The guy sitting next to me said the same thing.

The movie itself was pretty much incredible with the 3D. I groaned a couple times when there were scenes that seemed to be included only for the 3D effect - like someone waving something right at the camera. Unnecessary to include shots like that with this movie. The night scenes in the jungle were close to breathtaking.

I think the movie would lose most of its appeal on a regular screen... the plot and storyline is sooo overdone. Obviously James Cameron spent all the time and money on the effects. If you are going to see this movie, definitely see it in 3D IMAX. Otherwise I don't know if I would recommend it.

Sigourney Weaver was really good I thought! I did not realize she was in the movie.

9. astowolf

astowolf

It is the future.

It is amazing.

Go see it when your eyes work.