close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by USMCsilver, Jan 4, 2010.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

All I have to say was that it was awesome!

There were even previews for 3 or 4 other 3-D movies that looked great. The new Toy Story, Shrek, and some "How to Ride A Dragon" movie.

I just sat there with a silly, ____eating grin on my face during the previews.

3-D has come a long way. I'm especially glad they don't have the cheezy blue/red glasses anymore.

Anyway, if you want to see Avatar, find it in IMAX 3-D! If you've already seen it, go see it again in IMAX 3-D! We drove over 140 miles today, and it was worth every foot of the journey. :supergrin:

2. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

saw it last week in 3d, it was awesome. it was also my first 3d movie ever and i have to say, it blew me away!

Matt

3. VaporLock24

VaporLock24

yeah i saw it in 3d...it was worth the extra 2 bucks!!! awesome!

4. Packin' Heat

Packin' Heat

3d imax is the only way to see Avatar. the dragon movie looks cool too.

5. High_Sierra

High_Sierra

I saw Avatar in a regular theater the first time, and the next day had to see it in Imax .. it is like a whole new experience in Imax

6. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

I seen it on Saturday in regular. People are telling me i must see it in 3d. I'll just have to give it a go since I'm hearing so much great things about it in 3d. Quick question.
    1) So i don't have to wear the silly cheap glasses?
    2) does the 3d and imax bring out the neon colors more and is the action really 3d like. Never seen a movie in 3d.

7. Jdog

Jdog

*well no i've never seen a pair of non-silly 3D glasses but it's dark in there and nobody will see you..lol They're the Rob Orbison style black rimed
    *dont know about the neon colors being better but the action stuff is cool in 3d

8. mdehoogh

mdehoogh

[​IMG]

When I saw it, we were given RealD 3D glasses. They are not the red/blue lenses like I was expecting. You can watch the film without the glasses but certain aspects are slightly more blurry.

If by 'neon colors' you're referring to the red and blue outlines that usually accompany 3D things then no, they've done away with that. There are a lot of bright colors in the film (blue skin, forest lit up at night, missiles/explosions and such) but I'm not sure if the colors are accentuated by the 3D effect or if that's just how the film is.