close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Automatic Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by animal1969, May 2, 2002.

1. animal1969

animal1969

ok I have this video clip of what appears to be a Glock, that is shooting at full automatic. I guess I'd like to send it to some of you to see what you think.. It sure don't sound like a "real" gun, but maybe that is just because of the audio/video
    It seemsto have many many rounds . Also is it that hard to convert any Glock to Full auto? Of course I would not do this, but I would still like to know what this person did if it is indeed a glock......
    well if you want me to send it jsut email me.....

Animal

2. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

Glock makes the G18, which is a full auto version of the G17.

3. Charly

Charly

as said, probably a G18 ,LEO and military only, which can be shot in semi and/or full automatic (it has a selector on the left side of the slide).

It is best to shoot with a 30+ mag as it will finnish a standard cap mag in one burst...

4. SomeGuyInAHat

SomeGuyInAHat

I think I've seen the video that you're referring to, and it's actually a G17 modified for full-auto. If you see an extra appendage at the back of the slide, then I'm correct. My understanding is that it is mindnumbingly easy to convert a Glock to full-auto. Not having attempted it myself, I wouldn't know.

5. Hi_Cap_Glock

Hi_Cap_Glock

Yep - sounds like the "select-fire" G18 to me. Great little piece depending upon what position the selection knob/lever is in it will fire as a smi auto or full auto. Comes with a factory 33 round 9mm magizine. It is actually a G17 with the select fire harware added so Glock called it a G18. It is sold to and legal to be owned by law enforcement departments and the military ONLY.

Makes for a fun day at the range!

6. Russian

Russian

There are 4 videos I've seen.

Video #1 - some guy in a black T-shirt shooting a standard Glock 17 modified to fire full auto via a device on the back of the slide. Video is outdoors and it shows him taking on multiple targets at sand bunker range.

Video #2 - some guy with a black T-shirt and a badge on his belt shooting a Glock 17 modified to fire full auto via a device on the back. Video is indoors at a practice range.

Video #3 - just the guy's hand is visible as he fires a G18 in slow motion.

Video #4 - Philipino guy with G19 converted to factory G18 configuration. The guy lives in the Philipines and has several Glocks modified to G18 specifications (G17, G19, G26). The 26 is one that gets me because it has to be completely useless in full auto mode.

7. MI 454

MI 454

Where would one find thoes videos?

8. Russian

Russian

Vid 1 = http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/glock2.mpg Upon further examination, it looks like a G19.
    Vid 2 = http://www.fullautoglock.net/ Take a look at the downloaded videos link at the bottom on the page. The one I'm referring to is Video1 Download. Since I couldn't get the video to work, I'm not sure if it's a G17 or G19.
    Vid 3 = Can't remember where I saw it.
    Vid 4 = http://www.starsol.org/ericl/g19-18.mov
    Vid 5 (previously unaware of this one) = http://members.home.nl/thundermaster/page2.htm

As a bonus, here's the video for full auto G26: http://www.starsol.org/ericl/g26-13.mov

Much as I suspected, it's uncontrolable as evidenced by the 15 degree change in aim from the shot 1 to shot 2 through 18.

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/walk/gen55/dgca/prod01.htm
    Information on the G18.

http://gunnutjoe.tripod.com/Gunnutjoe/id3.html
    Information on conversion parts.

Their are no G18's in this country and any conversion parts would be dealer sample only. In other words, you will never be able to legally own a legal full auto Glock.

9. GlocksRock

GlocksRock No California

I have held a Glock 18, in the US. It was in Harrisburg, NC. The dealer I bought several of my glocks from personally owns a g18. It is a real g18 with the selector switch. He can be found at gun shows in the area, he also has MP5's for sale, if you have the money and the proper paper work. Here is a scan of his business card. I know there are others on this board that have dealt with him before.

10. Russian

Russian

Sorry, I was referring to transferable G18's. I suspect your dealer has a post May-86 G18. If he has a transferable G18, I would be VERY surprised.

11. animal1969

animal1969

YES the first video is the one I had seen. Man I would love to have that mod LOL. would that be a fun or what. you can see in the one shot he dont hit the taget much LOL but that would be fun .

I got it make the .22 conversion fully auta with a 100 round clip LOL
    that would be fun and cheep a ?

BTW I do have the G22 I think I would like the .22 conversion if it had a LARGE cap mag, any one know if there is one?

12. Brandon_7

Brandon_7

Here is a website that offers conversion kits complete with a selector switch. Highly illeagal in states though :(

http://www.fullautoglock.com/

13. Brandon_7

Brandon_7

Does anyone know exactly what the guys on www.fullautoglock.net are offering? Only information I can see is

"Send us $300 and we will send you something that makes your glock full auto without any gunsmithing required"

14. Russian

Russian

FullAutoGlock is selling the parts listed in the last link I posted. IMO, $300 is really steep for the machining involved in those parts. I have it on good authority that this guy operates out of Buenos Aires, Argentina. I find it amazing that anyone in Argentina would charge $300 for that given how desperate they are for dollars after their economy collapsed. Regardless, it's illegal to order those parts and I'm sure that mysterious packages from South America will receive special scrutiny from Customs. FYI, Hesse offers a similar set up for a full auto only Glock for $50. These are legal to buy, but illegal to assemble on a Glock.

15. benciti19

benciti19

Who's this "Hesse"?? Thanks!

16. .45greg

.45greg

Is full auto effective at all in a handgun like a g 17 it seems like you would shoot the gun dry in no time.

17. Russian

Russian

No, it isn't effective. Even Glock acknowledges this when they tout the weapons "pyschological effect" on attackers over its tactical potential. At 1200 RPMs, you'd bleed a 17 round magazine dry in under a second.

18. G31C Pistolpete

G31C Pistolpete

The mag on that pistol is 33 rounds, but whats the point? I would rather shoot semi then full any day! When are me n you gonna see a firefight anyways? And why wouldnt I bring my AR?.............so whats the point of having a full auto g-lock? Nuttin in my opinion.........but its only an opinion, :D

IMHO semi is by FAR more accurate then full and its your time if you get hit by a spray n pray!Cya Pistol Pete

19. Ravenworx

Ravenworx I'mHalWilkerson

An 18C is the way to go! with minimal(sp) practice you can empty all 33 rounds on a man sized target, so I've heard

20. CavVet

CavVet Colt .45 CCW

IMHO, They are offering 15 to 30, loss of rights AND a steep fine..........