close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Automatic Glock Conversions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cypher, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Cypher

Cypher dumbass

When I went to a certain gun store, the guy there told me that when I buy another Glock, i should have it installed with a selector for full auto. Should I do it? tell me about its reliability, ROF, and whatever else you can say.;b

2. WIN9639445

WIN9639445

I am from the phillipines but I live in the U.S. now, but over there it is all about full auto and suppressed weapons. I woul definetly do it to convert any 9mm Glock model W/ the factory selector for full auto. There are guns smiths over there that use factory G18 selector parts to do the conversions. Here is a web site with video clips of a guy in the phillipines that only owns full auto 9mm GLOCK's and H&K suppressed weapons, very neat!

http://www.panix.com/~ericl/guns/

His converted 9mm GLOCKs and the video clips of him shooting them are awesome!

3. TheSniper

TheSniper Projectile Mgr.

The videos dont work

4. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Umm it's not legal in the USA to 'make' a machinegun no matter what some idiot at a gun store says. There are no glock 18's for civilian transfer. Lets just get used to it guys! Just having posession of full auto parts might be breaking the law.

5. Zathras

Zathras Millennium Member

r2kba, if you look at Cypher's post again, you will see that he is in the Philippines. The Philippines is much more friendly to full auto than the United States is.

And yes, under the NFA, any set of "gun parts" that can convert a gun to full-auto is itself treated the same as a full-auto firearm (which is why you have to go thru the Class III hoops if you want to purchase a full-auto sear).

6. r2kba

r2kba Relax

errr ooooops!! =) I just assume everyone is from the USA :);f

7. Cypher

Cypher dumbass

Yo guys, hows the recoil on full auto in a glock 35 and glock 27? does it have a kick as strong as a horse?;b

8. WIN9639445

WIN9639445

I do not think you are going to find any one who has converted a .40 cal GLOCK to full auto. It is usually just done to the 9mm GLOCK series. I believe the .40 would be difficut to control.

9. JoeBlo

JoeBlo & Clancy

Hey Cypher, Put a Full Auto conversion on a G31 and let me know what you think. I bet it will 'Rock your world' !!!;a ;a ;g

10. Cypher

Cypher dumbass

Is having a full auto selector on your glock illegal in ipsc & idpa? let me know what you think.;b

11. G31

G31 Millennium Member

While ATF has deemed it illegal to have any full-auto parts in an AR15, it is not uncommon to have FA parts in other rifles and is perfectly legal. Go look at some HK91s, 93s,94s, or SP89s and I'll bet you see a lot of welded or factory full-auto bolt carriers. The "one part makes an MG" rule is only for ARs.

12. Cypher

Cypher dumbass

i dont get what you said G31.;d

13. G31

G31 Millennium Member

I was responding to Zathras' post, but I read it incorrectly. I thought he was referring to something else. My mistake. In the Philippines, you don't have to worry about these crazy laws.

14. Zathras

Zathras Millennium Member

This is the first I've heard of this. As far as I knew, a full-auto sear was treated the same as an MG for ANY firearm, not just for AR15's. Can you point me to a web page or anything on this?

15. dhutcheson

dhutcheson

The reason it is not uncommon to find full auto parts in other firearms is. It is certian parts that cause a firearm to be classified as a MG, for example in the AR it is the sear while with a Tec 9 and Mac 11 it is the bolt. As it stands now an individual can no longer convert a firearm to Class III. The guns that are being converted today can ONLY be transfered to another Class III dealer or Law Inforcement Department. If you like MG like I do save your money and buy the older converted guns. Its not worth the 10 years at Club Fed and never being able to own a gun again to me. PS Great Forum

16. MHOOK1

MHOOK1

someone bought a mini 14 from wal mart- that person took it out to the range and all it would fire was tri-burst. He did no mods to it-came from the factory that way. No selector switch. The person took it back
    and got a normal simi auto. Must have been a fluk. Would he be held liable if that person got cought with it?

17. dhutcheson

dhutcheson

A mini 14 is a semi auto from the factory never a full auto. Because this firearm was purchased this way.,I would have contacted Ruger first, this is a defect in the gun comming from the manufacturer. If he was caught before returning it I still think it would be a case of guilty till he proved himself innocent as sad as that sounds. Either way it would be a case of an unregestered Class III in his possesion. I left a a key issue with my last post, regestered transferable parts can be legally placed in a new gun. Hence a M16 full auto sear $127.00 a legal transferable M16 full auto sear around $4000.00. NOW IF I WAS A BG WOULD WORRY IF MY MG WAS LEGAL. I am sorry to rant but this is a stupid law that does not prevent anyone from getting a MG that wants one. It just makes honest people like me who love to collect and shoot MG's have a more costly hobby.

18. dennysguns

dennysguns

Full auto parts are in and of themselves not illegal. There are only 2 guns that can get you into trouble, the M1 Carbine and the AR 15 Series. BATF has ruled that possession of 1 full auto part and one of these guns is illegal and you can be charged with possession of a machine gun if caught.

With all other guns you must have a combination of parts either in the gun or that can be READILY ASSEMBLED to the gun that will fire more than one shot with one pull of the trigger to get into trouble.

Any malfunctioning semi auto should be returned to the factory or repaired by a competent gunsmith immediately

Denny
    Dennys Guns
    07/02 SOT

19. CanadianGlockFan

CanadianGlockFan

In regards to the Glocks, I've fired a couple of full-auto examples (but never a factory Glock 18), and the rate of fire on these things is so fast (obo. 12-1300 rpm), that they climb like a SOB, and you end up wasting more ammo than you hit with. With a 10-rounder, you just MIGHT be able to get two bursts, and I'd rather have 11 controlled rounds than just going "BRRRRP" "BRRP" twice.

20. Jon G23

Jon G23

Check out my web page http://www.jpcorp.com/glock
    there you'll see me firing a Factory G18. I was able to get 2 and 3 shot bursts and I could easily keep all 30+ round on target in about a 12" group Full Auto!

These things ROCK! Click on the picture of my friend, Butch shooting tracers on full auto and you'll see what i mean. All shots are shown going into the target at like 10-15 yards I think it was.

Jon