Glock Talk banner

Austria or USA?

5048 Views 21 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  GoetzTalon
Hello fellow glockers, I came upon a deal for a Glock with USA on the slide. Are there any differences between the USA and the Austria guns? any opinions ? Thanks. nevermind, I found the similar threads for this topic. Thanks anyway.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
8,591 Posts
I got my first Glock for Fathers Day. I did a lot of research and talked to Glock owners. I got a G19 Gen 3 and apparently no difference between American or Austrian. Its Glock ...

Reactions: Davers

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Cool that you found other threads and my guess is you possibly concluded there is no real difference in the two. Hopefully you enjoy your new Glock.

· Registered
3,183 Posts
My USA Glock 19 and 23 have the more "shiny skillet" finish.. That's why I bought them... I think its kinda cool to have at least 1 (in my case 2 USA) Glocks in you collection! :D

· Registered
9,061 Posts
I know I'm weird, but all my Glocks have Austrian proof stamps. If I'm buying an Austrian gun I want it made in Austria. If I'm buying a 1911 I want it made in the USA, not the Philippines or South America.

· Registered
135 Posts
I belive the most famouse pistol brands are making pistols in US even originally been designed and made some other places. Beretta, Sig are for example. I belive American made firearms are superb, they are made with the same specs and materials. Glock is another good example. Each of them are having huge markets here in compare to the liberal Europe where people are dreaming to own pistols. For this reason you are paying less, service quick and buy any parts you need.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.