Aussie El Camino

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jon91N/A, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Jon91N/A

Jon91N/A

It's a Holden (Australia's Pontiac) Maloo R8. It's the fastest pickup in the world with a top speed of 168. It uses the 6.0 liter LS2 found in the Corvette and GTO. It can turn corners too! Top Gear tested it on their track and it posted a similar time to the Aston Martin DB9. GM really needs to bring more Holdens here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Yellow paint.
    Red paint.
    Blue paint.
    White paint.
    Black paint.

I think we found the "Interceptors" for the "Mad Max" remake.....

3. method

method

The Aussies also get the Ford Falcon, available with a pick up bed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This seems to be a last generation car, but the current Falcon can be had in this 'Ute' body. Engine options include a 4.0 litre turbo I6, and a 5.4 litre V8.

Sucks we don't get a lot of desirable Ford and GM products in the U.S.

4. MDLibertarian

MDLibertarian NRA Life Member

I've always had a fondness for El Caminos since I had two of them (at different times, mind you) when I was a kid. If GM would sell those here I would definitely get one! :cool:

5. Kickitsimple

Kickitsimple

I drive a g8, and absolutely love it!! if they would have sold the holden truck over here, i would have been all over it!

6. smokin762

smokin762

I don’t think the big three is trying to keep cool vehicles from us. I am sure they do a study of what would be a popular seller here in the States and what would not be.

There is a reason why the Manufacture kills off a certain model of a vehicle, they had a low sales rate. If they don’t sell enough of a certain model then they will discontinue it.

I wish that GM and Ford would sell cars here in the U.S. that have diesel engines and that get over 50 MPG but they don’t they only sell those small cars in Europe. I have read that GM and Ford did a study on it and found that most people in the U.S. are not interested in Diesel cars. It’s our loss. :dunno:

7. paulbow

paulbow

Me too. If you really want one there's always the TDI VWs

8. MedicOni

MedicOni

I saw pictures of those back when I had my 77 Elkie. I wish they'd bring it over, I want one :D

9. Ragnar

Ragnar

Umm, thats not a "pickup". Its a car built on a car frame. Build a real pickup and do 168.

10. smokin762

smokin762

My first car was a VW Rabbit. I drove the crap out of that car and I bet back in 1985 I was getting over 35 MPG. I might just check into getting another VW when I buy my next car.:wavey:

11. Fungunner

Fungunner

GM wanted too much for the GTO, I think that is one of the reasons it didn't sell. The original Goat was popular, because you could buy performance without breaking the bank.

Though, I too would be interested in an El Camino, I have to wonder what they would try to sell it for.