1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Mac Aficionado
592 Posts
Originally posted by aaronrkelly
Audacity is (in my opinion) the hands down choice for aduio editing.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Wow, they even have a Linux version, exactly what I was looking for.

Do you know if you can record in (mic and/or line-in) and save as MP3? I am the church sound engineer and we record all of our church services digitally and rip them to CD. Right now we use a cheapie program (but it works) called Goldwave. (www.GoldWave.com) Unfortunately its Windoze only so I've been looking for a Linux version. It just has to rip in MP3 to play in automobile stereos.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by Getwild2
Wow, they even have a Linux version, exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if you can record in (mic and/or line-in) and save as MP3?
Absolutely, I use it that way. However, save as .wav initially (to have an uncompressed original that you can process later), and export to .mp3 as needed. That way, if something goes wrong, you can go back to the first, unaltered recording without having to re-record it.

·
Mac Aficionado
592 Posts
Originally posted by hwyhobo
Absolutely, I use it that way. However, save as .wav initially (to have an uncompressed original that you can process later), and export to .mp3 as needed. That way, if something goes wrong, you can go back to the first, unaltered recording without having to re-record it.
Good advice. I'm SSH'ed into my system at home now from work, I've already setup Audacity and now I'm building my lame so I can export as MP3.

Thanks!! :supergrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.