Home > The Main Room > The Okie Corral > Audi buys Ducati

Audi buys Ducati

1. Maybe Audi can hire some chassis engineers to help Ducati out with the MotoGP bikes.

2. Thats what I thought when I read the title.

3. Great I need an audi with 6,000 mile cam belt changes and a gas tank that expands....

4. As a proud Ducati owner, Im ok with the deal. Ducati will gain some financial security and hopefully take their bikes to a new level. From a consumer standpoint, I dont foresee any noticable changes for quite sometime. What I find interesting is that all reports are saying "Audi to aquire Ducati", not VAG. They own Porsche, Bugatti and Audi, yet Audi is said to be buying Ducati. I take it as a marketing strategy as Audi sales have been booming lately and this could be yet another boost to put them in the same buying category as BMW and Mercedes. They also aquire Ducati's debt, it should be interesting. I hope they can get their production times straightened out...some 2012 bikes aren't scheduled to arrive until August at least (848 Streetfighter).

Lets hope. On a side note, I get to test ride the Panigale this weekend :tongueout:

5. I know Ducati has built some world class bikes but I can't fathom the company being worth that much. I way too tired to go google searching so maybe one of you can help me out. :dunno:

6. Worth that much? Facebook paid that much for instagram. I think it is a good deal for both companies, kinda screwed up the Ducati AMG deal up.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul

7. Me at the Duc factory

[​IMG]

8. "Justin Bieber has splashed out $20,000 on a limited edition motorcycle. The 18-year-old singer - who doesn't have a motorcycle license - chose the arctic white silk Ducati Superbike 848 EVO from a Los Angeles dealership a few weeks ago...".

He must have really wanted an 848. The Corse MSRP is at $14,995. For $20k he could have gotten a base 1199 Panigale or Streetfighter S (my current bike :embarassed:) with cash to spare. Kids these days...

9. Never seen a Duc gas tank expand (though I have heard of it).. I have however seen two that collapsed. My buddies did it in his driveway. I do believe it was partly his fault. Ducati did in fact cover it. Or at least CoMoto did.

As far as belts..lol, takes not much longer than changing the oil, and NO reason to pay to have it done if you have the most basic of tools and skills. In fact, most if not all the tools needed come with the bike. Plan on doing mine today, actually.

10. I wonder if he is an organ donor?

11. There is probably a good consumer base on the black market for celeb-status organs.

12. My daughter lives in Bologna and told me that the major concern of her Ducati friends is whether or not Rossi is going to be able to "ride the bike".

13. So far not so good.

14. I am boycotting Ducati now.

If it would have been a Schwäbisch company that bought them I could have supported it,but I will not support a motorcycle from Ingolstadt. The Bayern can make good beer, but what else?

-Dana

15. you know the bikes will still be made in Italy.

16. Oh. Sorry. I thought they were foriegn and not made in New York. My bad.

-Dana

17. What a clown. With his money he should have gotten a Desmosedici.

18. While I don't think it would be a good starter bike for him, it is one of the sexiest street bikes I've seen and by far the best sounding one.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul

19. Guys that ride Duc's are wankers

[​IMG]

20. A 916 series bike will be in my collection one day, what's the story on that one.

Disclaimer my post might be based on my opinion and perception of your post, if you don't agree with my opinion I don't care.

21. It was 1995 and I was at Road America in Wisc for the AMA road races. I ran into a buddy of mine that owned Arlington Motorsports.

I had never seen a 916 in person up to that point. He said, I have a 916 in stock, I said, I'll take it.

He said, you better take it for a ride first, I did, and he shipped it to me a few weeks later.

It's still in my garage somewhere (I think)

22. Senior Member

Since Audi owns Lamborghini too; I can't wait for desmodromic valves on thier 5 liter V-10... So how far above 552hp (naturally aspirated) can it go?

This is good for Ducati

23. Keith Richard's liver and kidneys would fetch a fortune. Those things must be bullet-proof.

24. I would love to own a original 916 to own from new that's awesome!

Disclaimer my post might be based on my opinion and perception of your post, if you don't agree with my opinion I don't care.

25. I suppose it's too much to hope for a Ducati sports coupe?

26. A Ducati version of an Ariel Atom would be the cats meow.

27. It will be interesting to see what direction Ducati goes in now............................

:50cal: