close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ATTN: motorola DROID $50 with upgrade or new contract here.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by bamarammin87, Feb 23, 2010.

1. bamarammin87

bamarammin87 h8tr

http://wireless.amazon.com/Motorola-A855-Android-Verizon-Wireless/dp/B002UUTCKC/ref=bs_dp_ph_1

I ordered mine today. 50 buckaroos for it here. I was due for an upgrade so got that pricing. Anybody due for upgrade, new every 2, or moving to verizon, this is a awesome deal. Verizon still wants 200 bucks from them to buy it.
    I'm pretty sure it's just the phone tho, so you probably have to go here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Charger..._1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1266966135&sr=1-1
    and get that pack, for only 15 bucks. comes with motorola brand car and home charger. Still, 65 bucks as opposed to 200 is a great deal. Just figured I'd let yall know. I can't wait to get that phone. Upgrading from a crappy voyager.

Yall still liking yall's droids? :kilt:

Ian

2. bamarammin87

bamarammin87 h8tr

Oh, and by the way, it's free 2-day shipping.

and the droid's baby brother, the droid eric, is only .01 cents on there, along with several other nice phones for only a penny.

and a blackberry storm 2 is 29.99. lots of great deals. Especially on the droid.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010

3. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

Hope you like it. Be sure to check out the neat feature that doesn't allow you to "voice dial" from your blutooth. Or, the other nifty feature that doesn't allow you to attach files to your outgoing email besides *.jpg's?

Don't get me wrong. I like the droid. The software has a long way to go though. Then I'll like it a whole lot better!

Until they "fix" the software, Voice Dialer HF works really well ($4). That is, once you unlock it and select the app. It talks back to you on the handset for confirmation of what it thinks you said. The installed verizon app does not.

4. dherloc

dherloc X-Nuc

Not sure how this works...

It looks like you can get the Droid $50 and keep my contract with Verizon?

Got to be some catch to this...

5. bamarammin87

bamarammin87 h8tr

Thanks for the heads up.:wavey: I average about 15 minutes a month voice usage (literally) so that doesn't really bother me. At least they're working on the flaws! It's not like there's any better phones on vzw, so it's hard to complain 2 much. Especially for only 50 bucks. I only wish I could get a 300 minute plan instead of the 700 minute plan. Oh well. Can't always get what ya want.

6. bamarammin87

bamarammin87 h8tr

That's the upgrade price. You can't just buy the phone at that price any time. That's the "new 2 year contract" price, the upgrade price, contract renewal price, or new every 2 price. If you can upgrade your phone soon, you can get this phone. It's the same thing as going thru your verizon wireless online stuff, and it shows you the new 2 year contract pricing. It's just a TON cheaper on here. They have TONS of great deals too!

sign onto your my verizon account online, click upgrade to a new phone, and it will tell you how close you are, or if you can upgrade. Try to go look at the phones and see if it will let you. Then you'll know if you can upgrade. Or just call verizon.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  7. dherloc

dherloc X-Nuc

I just checked...I am eligible for an upgrade. Online says the Droid will be 150 if I upgrade now...so this offer is $100 off.

I guess my question is what are the strings? Since I already have verizon, it does not appear I am switching carriers according to the website.

Effectively, am I buying a phone from Amazon at $50 and Amazon "talks" to Verizon which then resets my 2 year contract?

8. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

A few more tips:
    The GPS in it works very well and you don't need to worry about updating maps with Google. The graphics can't be beat! Voice recognition for google searches is really very cool. GET A SCREEN PROTECTOR AND HARD-SHELL cover for it before you take it out the 1st time. 1st time in your pocket with the car keys will make you hate life. Get the Advanced app killer. It saves battery and improves performance.

Get use to charging this phone every night. I use to go 3 days with my Mot Q9c. This one does a bunch of stuff but eats battery like crazy. Battery meter will show 1/2 in the morning and be dead by noon.

Also, it takes a "slim" USB connector. The power brick comes with the USB cable. It unplugs from the charging brick and you can plug it into your computer to get juice when needed. You will need a BlueTooth adapter for your PC if you want to upload ringtones or download pictures. The still camera is 5m-pix and nice. The movie camera is good too and lets you take a 30 minute movie! Mine came with a 16gig SD card.

Good luck!

feel free to send me a PM should you have any questions about your new toy! You'll like it.

9. JMag

JMag

10. gadget_guy

gadget_guy The handyman

anyone know if you can add more than 1 phone to your cart? My wife and I are both about 16 months past our new every 2 date and while we want iPhones don't know when or if that might happen with verizon. That is the only service that works in many of mountains where I need service.

11. NIB

NIB

12. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

I agree 100%

13. Specks

Specks

Plugging in the Droid to your PC with the usb cable will act like plugging in a usb thumb drive. No need for a BlueTooth adapter for the PC.

14. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

I've had mine since about the time they first came out.

I don't have a screen protector and mine looks like brand new.

And, FWIW -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8

15. Officer X

Officer X

I've had the Motorola Droid for about 3 weeks now. My wife and I were both eligible for upgrade and both renewed, she got the Droid Eris.

So far I like the phone, been playing around with the apps. I haven't had any problems with the battery. It has been good anywhere from a day to nearly two, I guess it depends on how you use it and how much.

16. KevR

KevR

Good to know. Thanks.

17. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

I've been all across the US, excepting the eastmost portions, with my iPhone and a Verizon wireless card.

I found that both companies had absolute dead regions where nothing worked. I did notice that Verizon had a 3G signal far more often than my iPhone. I also noticed that Verizon's 3G signal was utter garbage most of the time, and I frequently had better luck on AT&T's EDGE network.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  18. bamarammin87

bamarammin87 h8tr

dherloc, the only strings are that you have to activate the phone within 181 days, keep it activated for 181 days, and if you sell it after that, it has to be sold on amazon.com. They do that so some dillweed wont buy it, keep using his old phone, and sell it on ebay for 300 dollars profit. Mine arrived an hour ago and I only ordered it yesterday. Hows that for free shipping! and in Al, att has 3g service in the 3 little metros of alabama. Pretty ****ty coverage. I dont care how fast 3g is there, I cant get 3g att hardly anywhere, its pathetic. Big red for me. I get 3g EVERYWHERE I go 99 percent of the time. This isnt a vzw vs att thread anyways. Just lettin yall know of awesome deals.
    And idk if you can purchase more than 1 at that price.

19. bamarammin87

bamarammin87 h8tr

I will brother, thanks!

20. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

No complaints with mine. I love being able to stream Armed America and Pro-Arms podcasts.