close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Attention FA Glock Conversion owners, C2s, C3s...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by amphibian, Mar 18, 2004.

1. amphibian

amphibian

I have a buddy that is a C2 that is making a Glock select fire conversion. I hope to play with it when I meet him at the range.
    I've spoken w/ Joe Gaddini at SWR about putting a suppressor on a FA Glock and he said it won't work.
    So that got me thinking about the Advantage Arms conversion.
    I don't have one of these conversions yet but do have one on order so I don't know if the slide striker assembly works the same as a factory Glock slide.
    I was wondering if anyone knew if the FA Glock conversion would work on an Advantage Arms slide.
    Also if that is the case, I'm assuming the barrel doesn't move on this conversion so it would be a good candidate for putting a suppressor on it.
    Sounds like a lot of fun to me.
    Too bad it will be just a Post sample.
    Thanks in advance.

2. RWBlue01

RWBlue01

I have two AA conversions (G21 and G26).

The action is a standard blow back (not a browning locked blowback like 1911 and Glocks). I have been told that people have added cans to the AA conversions, but I have not been able to get into a conversation with anyone who actually has the conversion.

As far as adding the FA conversion part to the back of the gun, I “think” it should work if memory servers me right.

Did Joe say why it wouldn't work?

3. amphibian

amphibian

My conversation w/ Joe was regarding a regular Glock NOT a 22LR conversion.

I've heard many positive things about the AA Conversion and suppressor. I think it is a better alternative to the Walther P22 as had been told to me by a few suppressor makers.

4. UZIFORME

UZIFORME

Depends upon what type of conversion your C2 buddy is doing. If he is doing a factory type conversion then the 22lr slide will not have the actuator to hit the trigger bar. If he is doing a backplate type conversion then it would depend if the 22lr kit takes a std. backplate.

Of course something custom could be made up but I don't know what the stock units look like.

As for the silencer thing, it should work fine but you might have to find an ammo that will cycle the kit while remaining subsonic through the barrel length, of course you will need an extended barrel or barrel extention set up.

5. amphibian

amphibian

David,

thanks for the response. He is going to do the conversion that replaces the slide backplate. What you mentioned, I had already figured out. I was hoping someone would have already tried this to know if it works. Or if someone had tried stripping a AA kit down and have compared the slides. I think it should work but the slide backplates may not be the same and require some fitting. My other concern is that maybe the "FA connector" of the conversion kit won't have enough power to push down on the back of the trigger bar for FA in 22LR.

I am not concerned about 22LR subsonic ammo here in FL. My ciener kit is using a 7-8" barrel and I'm using cheap Hi Velocity ammo and it is subsonic.
    I have a AA G23 kit coming with an extended barrel which will be around 5".

Below is a picture for AA site that shows the backplate.
    Anyway, I should know soon enough when I get the kit. I was just hoping someone would already know this.
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]

6. John@JCDLESales

John@JCDLESales

But like Dave says a minor fix at most. Tell your C2 buddy to make the trip .020 longer then trim to length so it's tripping when the hood is .015 from full lockup. Post a Pic of the rear underside when yours come in if you will.

John