close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Attempted Murder I was Armed

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by purrrfect 10, Aug 17, 2012.

1. purrrfect 10

purrrfect 10

Hi Folks I wanted to share what happen to me Tuesday nite on the way home with my wife from the grocery store. This is really playing VERY heavy on my mind I can't stop think about it.
    I live in a 580 home private community in the mountains VA. Coming to the entrance there was a small back up of a couple car so I went around and there i saw a woman sitting on the ground covered in blood from head to toe and as i looked I saw a couple guys struggling with this guy on the ground I said to my wife sorry i have to stop and help. I'm 6'6 240lb so I'm not a little guy but the guy they were struggling with was 6'2 about 260.

So the story starts before I got there, where this happen there is a bus turn around area and parking on the side of the road. she was parked there with her two kids and from what I understand her husband starting fighting with her, a man saw this and stopped to help but buy the time he got to them the husband had slit her throat and was stabbing her repeatedly as she struggled rolling around on the ground to get away. The good Samaritan Kicked the husband with massive force in the face above knocking him for a loop and the knife went flying. this is when the fight went to the men as she lay there bleeding in a massive pool of red. another good samaritan joined and the managed to get this guy on the ground is when I pulled up. As I approached looking at the woman thinking OMG they were yelling help us keep him down and just then he was trying to get up I drop my knee into the back of his neck grabbed his arm and pulled up behind his back bending his wrist back at the same time ( saw this on cops hehehe) But it worked. the guy was screaming it hurt let me up I'm going to kill her let me up I can't breath i told him to stop fighting he wasn't going anywhere until the cops got there. The more he fought the more I dug my knee into the back of his neck and pulled up on his arm until he stopped fighting saying OK OK THREE of us on him. Seemed like for ever but about 5 minutes the cops pulled up cuffed him took him to his car.

I when I walked over to see how the woman was OMG I have never seen anything like this before, her tank top totally soaked in blood arms bleeding stab marks all over her throat was sliced from one side to the other with an opening of over an inch she was trying to breath as another guy was there holding her up and trying his best to stop the bleeding from her neck. Her color was grey purple I thought she was going to die before the put her in the ambulance. Other people had called and told dispatch before the ambulance got there that she was going to need to be air lifted and they listened and got the helicopter on the way. She was air lifted to the trauma center some 50 mile away.

The woman is still in critical condition but stable, she is going to make it we all pray.

I was armed but in this case and circumstances it stayed CC. If i had been the first one there 4 minutes sooner I may have been able to stopped this guy before he did so much damage to this woman. Just can't get this all out of my head. Even thinking a can a pepper spray would have taken the fight out of this A_ _ hole a lot sooner He did get pretty beat up in the minutes before I got there by the other guys. Those guys are Heroes for stopping him from killing her.

Thing are getting Damn crazy, worse by the day it seems

The Link below you might have to copy and paste to see the video

http://www.tv3winchester.com/home/h...unty-Stabbing-Suspect-Arrested-166211916.html

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. txgunguy

txgunguy

Don't let it get to you too much. I learned a long time ago it's pointless to worry about things you can't control. You did what you could.

3. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Take it from the voice of experience; pepper spray wouldn't have done a thing.

You did fine.

4. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Gonna start calling you Danno OP. "book 'em!"

Job well done Sir. :highfive:

5. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Sounds like you did perfect to me.

That was the best possible outcome, given what you had control over. Don't kick yourself with the "if only" thoughts. Bottom line, she is alive, and if you fellas hadn't stepped in and done the right thing together, she may not be. If it had been just you, he may not be, and your life may be turned upside down for an unknown period of time. Civil suit, etc.

Good job, champ. Wish there were more like you. Many folks will just turn and get away from the situation rather than help.

Good on you.

6. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

Good job for helping!!! I'd say most people wouldn't want to have done that. There's crazies out there. That's why we carry guns!!

7. firefighter4215

firefighter4215

Nice job OP. Like the others have said, the "what if" or "if only" game is something you need to forget. You guys did a great job.

8. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

Wow.

Not something I'd want in my head either man, but you did good. By the time you arrived, drawing your gun would be pretty useless. Kudos to the guys who stopped the initial attack, and to you for helping subdue the monster.

I second Sean's post. Somebody that Hell-bent on killing? Pepper Spray wouldn't have even slowed him down. Even shooting him, anything short of a CNS hit would likely prove just as useless.

That type of blind rage is a difficult thing to stop.

Sorry you had to witness this, I wish the best for the woman and her kids. Grab a beer with friends, and spend time with your family brother.

9. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Yeah don't second guess yourself. You stopped and did what you could, and that was the right thing. Kudos to you.

I really hope those kids are ok and that the mom pulls through.

10. Cmacc

Cmacc

Good share as we all contemplate the myriad of situations we could be confronted with. Thanks for being one of those who would step out and help.

11. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

You did well. You can't what if it, it'll only eat at you. I would suggest you see a psychologist or psychiatrist that works with police departments if you have any problems, they're familiar with the problems that can happen. Good luck, and keep on doing a good job.

12. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

I think you mean purrrfect.

Good job man. That's a crazy situation to be in.

:thumbsup:

13. jamesbern

jamesbern

Wow, I wasn't expecting to read this! It sounds like you did the best you could have done in that situation. Thanks for jumping in to help. That would likely be a very tough situation to be in.

14. Jeremy_K

Jeremy_K

I think you guys did a great job. Even fully trained professionals can't do everything textbook when under pressure and adrenaline is flowing. You just do what you gotta do to control the situation. Hindsight is always 20/20 but chances are that's a once in a lifetime scenario and it ended up much better than if nobody was there to help her. If it's really bothering you mentally than don't be afraid to ask the police to talk to one of their post incident stress counselors. I've seen stress debriefs for much less severe incidents in the fire service. Great job!

15. mymini40

mymini40

You did fine, but with a little martial arts experience you could have put him down with one strike at one point. Thats it.

16. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Crazy seems to be populating very rapidly and you did a damn fine job sir! Kudos to you for having the courage to stop this psychopath. Under the circumstances, you did exactly the right thing. My hats off to you sir!!!!

17. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

All I can say is....if I had a 260+ lbs man pressing down in a very small area in my back with my arm twisted........I'd be yelling you're hurting me too!! :animlol:

Thanks for being a Good Samaritan!! Unfortunately, many would have drove by and choose to not get involved!! :steamed:

Appreciate what you did.....Don't second guess..with one exception...play a couple of what ifs with it to visualize different outcomes and use it as a learning opportunity, in the event you come across something similar again. Please don't misunderstand this, I don't mean this to say you did anything incorrectly, but looking at it from another perspective may give you insight to other interventions the next time.

:wavey:

red

18. Breadman03

Breadman03

Yeah, you found a local scumbag, but you also found out that in a very small sample of your neighbors, two other people were willing to risk their lives to protect an innocent.

That sounds like a good neighborhood to be in.

19. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

+1

I'm ex-LEO and I hate when someone sprays that stuff when a group of officers are trying to subdue some big crazy guy. It eventually affects everyone but the crazy guy.

Thankfully it sounds like the guy did not know what he was doing when he cut his wife's throat.

You did a good thing, buddy.

20. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

That's nice to think, and I've seem many Van-Damme movies where that kind of thing happens, but life rarely imitates art.