GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
I am not a 1911 or 2011 fan, but that is one nice looking pistol.
I also think the blue trigger makes for a good look.

Looking forward to your thoughts after running it.

Reactions: ShipWreck

·
I feel pretty.
3,046 Posts
Sorry...the blue trigger thing is a deal breaker along with the cheese grater slide and grips.

But wicked decent carpet though.
Why don't they want you cleaning the barrel? :dunno:
How aggressive are those grips?

and a sub-2lb trigger - is that TOO light?
You guys know that this is a race gun? (In the wrong caliber. But race gun, none the less)

If the grips don't rub your hands raw, they aren't aggressive enough.

You don't clean a perfect barrel much. Hose it down with Kroil, and run a patch through. No brushing.

And mouse click colored triggers that match your spandex is all the rage.

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
You guys know that this is a race gun? (In the wrong caliber. But race gun, none the less)

You don't clean a perfect barrel much. Hose it down with Kroil, and run a patch through. No brushing.
I’ve just never heard of this. Is the interior surface of these barrels so finely polished that copper fouling isn’t an issue, because it can’t “stick” to it?

·
Registered
125,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

If the grips don't rub your hands raw, they aren't aggressive enough.

And mouse click colored triggers that match your spandex is all the rage.
I hear you on the caliber, but I don’t really shoot 40 or 38 super. 9mm is my caliber of choice.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Very aggressive and sharp, Don, but I love them.

The trigger is about 1.5 lbs. I guess we’ll see. If I get double taps, than it’s too light for me. Hoping for the best.
It IS a beautiful bit of machining! Personally neutral on the 1911 platform, but I appreciate the mastery of execution.

I have never even heard of the recommended lubes, so it must be a quality product. My pieces get the drained oil from my VW diesel....

·
I feel pretty.
3,046 Posts
I’ve just never heard of this. Is the interior surface of these barrels so finely polished that copper fouling isn’t an issue, because it can’t “stick” to it?
I've never had significant copper fouling with any Glock or 1911.

Brushing out, that which isn't causing any problems, ain't good. That brush eats the barrel as quick as shooting. USPSA guys shoot thousands of rounds yearly.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Wow, review like that from you and it must be some gun! Congrats.

Not for me with that trigger, grips and slide cuts.

2011’s usually have some flare.
Yeah, primarily reason I don't much care for 2011s (race guns in general). The old STI 4.0 Tactical, without magwell, looked pretty good with the smooth slide, but most of the current stuff is just not for me, asthetically.

(Not that I'd turn one away if given to me, I'd find a way to love it :D)

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,157 Posts
The MBX magazines are super high quality, but run about $130 each plus shipping.
I could buy a Jennings 22 for that price! :D

·
Semper Paratus
27,780 Posts
If Capt. America carried a gun, that blaster screams super hero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Here are the papers that come with it...pretty cool and very detailed. :cool:

Interesting. You posted this on the 21st of October. The gun was fired and tested the day before (10/20/2020)! Do they work on the third floor of your gun shop, or did you rush to pick up the FedEx shipment from your FFL twelve minutes after getting the call? That is crazy fast turnaround.

Cool gun. I know nothing of them, but it looks to be well executed. Let us know how it shoots! Unless I drive to Pennsylvania and join you Keystone State folks for a Range Day, I will probably never be fortunate enough to see one of these.

·
Registered
125,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Interesting. You posted this on the 21st of October. The gun was fired and tested the day before (10/20/2020)! Do they work on the third floor of your gun shop, or did you rush to pick up the FedEx shipment from your FFL twelve minutes after getting the call? That is crazy fast turnaround.

Cool gun. I know nothing of them, but it looks to be well executed. Let us know how it shoots! Unless I drive to Pennsylvania and join you Keystone State folks for a Range Day, I will probably never be fortunate enough to see one of these.
Thanks Gonzo

Yes, they test fired it and then shipped it overnight.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I read your posts when you were shopping, and no doubt (considering your expertise) you did well. I'm looking forward to the range report.
Congrats!

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:animlol:

I actually like the blue trigger. The Infinity I ordered will have one also. I was going to leave the black one or go silver, but I wanted to give it a little flare. 2011’s usually have some flare.
FLARE???
Does that make it a BBQ Gun? :)

·
Registered
125,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Wow, review like that from you and it must be some gun! Congrats.

Not for me with that trigger, grips and slide cuts.

Yeah, primarily reason I don't much care for 2011s (race guns in general). The old STI 4.0 Tactical, without magwell, looked pretty good with the smooth slide, but most of the current stuff is just not for me, asthetically.

(Not that I'd turn one away if given to me, I'd find a way to love it :D)
Yeah when it comes to the 2011, I’m forgiving. They are supposed to look radical, so I look at them through a “different” pair of eyes, so to speak

21 - 40 of 64 Posts