Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
15,399 Posts
That should be fun. Maybe I can remember to pack a cooler this time. And sunscreen.

Hoping to bring at least one new shooter, sent him the forms last week.

· RetiredDinosaur
11,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Butch,
I will be there on Sunday and Dover on Saturday, we are doing opposites with Wellington. I am on Friday and Saturday and he is on Sunday.
Will I see you on Sunday??
Mike
Fraid not Mike, I'll be there Saturday watching Bryan shoot. :)

· Registered
228 Posts
Q 1: Bay Orientation: All the bays face EAST.
Ideal shooting time: 1400-1500 hrs. However....see below....

Q 2: Need for DEET: I didn't find need for insect repellent. All bugs were immolated upon contact with my skin.
No kidding....my cellphone "alerted" with the following warning: "Severe heat and humidity warning....danger to life and limb. Avoid outdoor activity."

General Comments:

Very nice ranges!!!

3 M's; 3 - 5 to G's; 2 plate racks.
Good R.O. staff.
Patti N.; Mark R.; Tim M. are GSSF staff. Excellent Job!

I shot 6 entries. Started at 0930. Done by 1130 hours, which was about 30 minutes and one degree shy of spontaneous human combustion.

My last stage was the plates. Sadly, I chose to shoot the Maj-Sub G43 last.
On the last run of the day, I left the last plate standing.
I believe the sun 'tack welded' the plate's pivot pin in the upright position, but the R.O. wouldn't give me a reshoot....he said it was an act of God.

The only person hotter than me was GSSF's Mark Ramsey.
His cigarette lit itself!

The GLOCK armorer is stationed in the barn in case you need him.
He built a fire just to cool off.

Good Luck to All!

Jim M.

· Registered
15,399 Posts
Glad I missed Saturday, don't think I could have dealt with the heat.

Fun match in many ways, got to watch a master shoot several classes, did some fair and some pretty poor shooting myself. Nice meal at Hagerstown on the way home, which is becoming a tradition.

As always, big thanks to GSSF and the club and volunteers.

· Go Bucks!
369 Posts
Glad I missed Saturday, don't think I could have dealt with the heat.

Fun match in many ways, got to watch a master shoot several classes, did some fair and some pretty poor shooting myself. Nice meal at Hagerstown on the way home, which is becoming a tradition.

As always, big thanks to GSSF and the club and volunteers.
Which Master did you get to see shoot? I shot today, although there were a few times that my shooting didn't seem very master like.

· Registered
15,399 Posts
I was pasting for Mike Ross for a while `till I came on deck on the other bay at Glock M. Had a hard time pasting over the middle of some of the targets for some reason.

· Registered
96 Posts
Indiana that is....

92 degrees is the prediction for Saturday. :)
I went. It was my first competition shoot. I really enjoyed it but boy do I have a lot to learn. I can shoot well but the timer made me nervous and I was nowhere near as good as I could have been. The heat didn't help as I was uncomfortable and sweaty which didn't help my grip. I will be going to another event to help prove to myself I can do better and also to enjoy the competition.

· Registered
3,597 Posts

My last stage was the plates. Sadly, I chose to shoot the Maj-Sub G43 last.
On the last run of the day, I left the last plate standing.
I believe the sun 'tack welded' the plate's pivot pin in the upright position, but the R.O. wouldn't give me a reshoot....he said it was an act of God.

Doesn't the G43 shoot in Pocket Glock? Isn't that a ring and paint division? Or does that only apply to the G42?

Scott

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.