Ati Schmeisser 60 round mag range report.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Diesel McBadass, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

I bought one after positive reviews online. It's a polymer quad stack mag. Claims to be a 60 rounder. I could only load 58.

20191226_165126.jpg
    Started good. Fired 40 rounds or so then it became a jam o matic. Frequent feed issues including double feeds. Ran a 30 round lancer through the gun problem free than reloaded and retried the smeisser. Lots of problems still. Probably about 20 failures in 60 rounds. The weird little bho tab did lock the bolt back at end.
    Packed up the mag and finished the day with Lancers and magpuls. Wanted to like the mag but it simply doesnt work.

20191226_164856.jpg

Joshhtn likes this.
  2. Frenchman

Frenchman

I try to stick withe the tried and true stuff, like USGI and Magpul. I wouldn't hesitate buying Lancers, but that's where the buck stops for me. In my experience, firefights are a lot slower than people think, and there's usually time to reload, and when in doubt, do a tac reload. I don't see the point of 40/60/100 round mags. It just makes the rifle heavy. Also, you can carry just so much ammo. If you're like me, and your rig holds a max of 8, you'll have 9 magazines with you, so even if one of them ****s the bed, you only have 30 rounds that are not at your immediate disposal anymore. If your fancy Chinese 100 round drum dies, you're 100 rounds short.

Cambo likes this.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

USGI
    MagPul
    HK
    Lancer

the only mags I use

4. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

never used an hk mag but usgi magpul and lancer are my core mags and i experiment with others. Always come back to those 3 though.

faawrenchbndr likes this.
  5. bubbatime

bubbatime

Beretta steel ARX mags (WODERFUL, if you can find them)
    Okay
    Magpul

Pick one, best mags you can get in this platform.

6. JK-linux

JK-linux

Thanks for the review. I tried a bunch of different mags, and ended up back with USGI. Magpuls run great, but some receivers of mine are just too tight. USGIs seem to work in everything I stick them into,

7. garya1961

garya1961

All I have is PMAGs but would mind having a few USGI mags. I don't really go for drums and extended mags.

8. ThomasM4

ThomasM4

I have a 60 round surefire when I bought it I tore it down and nail file and debured the mold lines on the followers and the used brownells magslick on all of it .
    Dont shoot it that much but it's been reliable the times I do use it.

9. wct097

wct097

I know they're pricey, but for round counts over 30, I'm sticking with Magpul's offerings. Have a few D60s and 40 rounders. Vastly prefer 20 and 30 round USGI mags though.

10. AndyK

AndyK

I have one Magpul 40 round and it works fine.