ATI quality issues

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by faawrenchbndr, Apr 18, 2012.

1. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Anyone having ejection issues with ATI 1911s?
    Seems there have been many lately with "mushroomed" ejectors.
    Low quality material? Improper heat treatment? Has anyone
    ever heard of this issue with ANY 1911 ejector before?

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

Had that exact same issue on a Baer TRS Comanche. Had to file the "mushroom" portion off. I would say it effected about 20-25% of the ejector

Never had it on any other 1911 before or since though. :dunno:

3. bac1023

bac1023

I haven't heard of anything, Greg.

4. Ruggles

Ruggles

On mine I assumed he slide was whacking the ejector as it cycled. It reached a certain point and just stopped. Had a few (very few) reliability issues with that gun that could have been related but it seemed to function fine even in it's "mushroom" state.

Dang Baer's are so tight it really did not shock me that something was fitted a little too close to be honest.

5. TN.Frank

TN.Frank "Don't Tread On Me!"

My ejector seems soft but it doesn't effect function. I pulled it out last week, cleaned off the small "mushroom" and reinstalled it. After about 50 rounds it looks to be doing it again but it'll soon be a moot point. I've got a Les Baer on order from Midway USA, should be here tomorrow, I'll fit it and get rid of the MIM part so it'll have a good quality billet and hardened part in place.
    Other then the weak MetalForm mag springs my gun has been 100% so far, cross your fingers. LOL.
    With what little I've got into this gun I can't complain if I have to replace a few parts since I can do it as my budget allows.
    You get what you can afford then spend a little at a time to make it better. Just the nature of the beast when you buy a less expensive gun. At least there's plenty of higher quality parts available for the 1911 so that makes it a lot easier.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012