close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

ATF Visit

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by MikeyG, Dec 9, 2004.

1. MikeyG

MikeyG

Just thought I'd share.

Back in February, I purchased a Chancing Barrel for a Walther P22 off of Ebay and had it shipped to my office.

Today, I recevied a visit at my office from the ATF and they wanted the barrel. Apparently, the German seller did not have the correct documentation/permission to export the item to the US. But, I actually bought the item with my account for my dad so he had it at his house. So, ATF went to his house to get it. From what the agents said, there are a bunch of people across the US that are getting visits today.

It's too bad that instead of going after the seller the ATF are going after the buyers when they did nothing wrong. It's not like the item is illegal it was just illegal for the seller to ship it to the US. So, now my dad is out $93.

I sent the seller an email but I don't expect an answer. I also sent eBay an email asking what my options are. I am interested to receive their response.

Any insights feel free.

MikeyG

2. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

You should have said you sold it or never received it.

3. mlmarion55

mlmarion55 1*

No offense, but lying to an ATF agent is a bad idea! They are just doing their jobs and probley just carrying out orders from their superiors.

4. sdfhpson

sdfhpson

Ebay will refund you up to $200 with a $25 charge. So, $93-$25=$68. As long as it has been 30 days of the sale (I don't remember all the conditions, but you'll have to go and read them).

5. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Ebays seller protection is as worthless as Paypals. Especially since they are the same company now.