GlockTalk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,751 Posts
Um, so what you're saying is you'll meekly obey the ruling by modifying your pistol so that you are in compliance. Bold move.
I’m saying if the floor falls out from under pistol braces you still don’t have to burry your braced AR so why all the anti braced pistol rhetoric on this pro gun page every time it comes up
Personally I don’t have to do **** whatever happens, I have my own range on my fenced in property, I got no concerns.
But give a holler when the boog starts I’d hate to be late.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Um, so what you're saying is you'll meekly obey the ruling by modifying your pistol so that you are in compliance. Bold move.
Pretty harsh. Everyone has to make their own decisions concerning whether they will comply with gun control laws. I'd be willing to bet you don't own any unregistered full autos, suppressors, sawed off shotguns, etc.
Is it worth it to face years in prison to put a brace on a gun? Everyone here has their own perspective on how much they will tolerate, and I wouldn't fault any of them. You have a wife, kids, decent job....... is it worth putting that at risk so you can put a brace on a pistol? At the very least your wife would deserve a voice in that decision.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,612 Posts
Pretty harsh. Everyone has to make their own decisions concerning whether they will comply with gun control laws. I'd be willing to bet you don't own any unregistered full autos, suppressors, sawed off shotguns, etc.
Is it worth it to face years in prison to put a brace on a gun? Everyone here has their own perspective on how much they will tolerate, and I wouldn't fault any of them. You have a wife, kids, decent job....... is it worth putting that at risk so you can put a brace on a pistol? At the very least your wife would deserve a voice in that decision.

Sometimes you just need to shoot the government a little bit.

It reminds them of who is actually in charge.

Reactions: GcB

·
Registered
479 Posts
The OP doesn't say anything about braces. It implies ALL AR/AK Pistols, regardless of braced/not braced.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
The point was that at the end of his post, he said "Ef the BATF". Complying with their ruling isn't exactly sticking it to the man.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
The OP doesn't say anything about braces. It implies ALL AR/AK Pistols, regardless of braced/not braced.
It doesn't change my point.
If it's banning Pistols, large capacity magazines, AR's, etc. We each have to decide what is best for our situation (including our families) as far as risking prison in order to keep a weapon or accessory made illegal.

·
Registered
181 Posts
For something with a massive impact - such as a confiscatory AWB or mag ban - one would think that a federal judge would put a stay on enforcement until it goes to the SCOTUS.

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,751 Posts
The point was that at the end of his post, he said "Ef the BATF". Complying with their ruling isn't exactly sticking it to the man.

I didn’t say I was complying with anything. I said what’s all the worry for when worst case all you would have to do is go down in the basement and silver solder a bloop tube on your pistol length barrel while the feds are surrounding your house.

Some gun owners complain that the brace is a work around for the SBR tax stamp and won’t own one because of that, I offer a simple work around for this bogus so called ATF ruling and it’s just more complaints from gun owners I never said I was cool with this hence the ef the ATF but if you expect me to get more excited than that over internet psychobabble sorry to disappoint.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
When these 'pistols' with forearm braces came out I knew one day the ATF would crawfish. So I never bought one. Tempted to get a shockwave (as if I need one) cause I know many states now allow it.

Still if it becomes just a 5 buck tax stamp... I might get a REAL short carbine with a real stock! We will see.

·
Registered
479 Posts
When these 'pistols' with forearm braces came out I knew one day the ATF would crawfish. So I never bought one. Tempted to get a shockwave (as if I need one) cause I know many states now allow it.

Still if it becomes just a 5 buck tax stamp... I might get a REAL short carbine with a real stock! We will see.
Wrong there Bud. If pistols with braces are considered AOW, and the fee isn't increased, it would be $5. A "REAL short carbine with a real stock" is an SBR and that's $200.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If one has an SBR they are on a registry right or wrong? Is this in the tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Apparently they feel the risk of being registered is not greater than the satisfaction of owning the gun they want.

·
NOT MOD APPROVED
8,679 Posts
I'd like to hear their reasoning as to why AR/AK/Whatever pistols aren't pistols, but the Remington XP100, Savage Striker, Rossi Ranch Hand, et al are.

Reactions: Colt38SuperDude

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Looks like the BATF is preparing for a regime change to an administration more sympathetic to their cause.
That's my take as well and I hope they are sorely disappointed.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts