GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Tens of thousands out of how many guns? We are having a hard enough time trying to convince the court the most popular rifle in America is in common use.
That is not true.

The judge actually knows the AR15 is in common use. You are not convincing the judge of that although the judge frames the argument as such.

You are are having a hard time convincing judges to follow the law and previous court decisions because of their political beliefs. You are trying to convince a judge to be a judge and not a political activist. That is why it is not working to convince them.

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,835 Posts
Which part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not understand?.

Do you really think they're going to stop coming after our guns just because you pin and weld an extension onto your barrel?

IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP, FOLKS, THE WOLVES ARE AT THE DOOR TO THE HEN HOUSE!
What part of my post had anything saying I’m ok with 2A infringement My point is that for too long we have had naysayers poo pooing pistol braces acting like if they bought one and put it on an AR pistol they were going to be out of their huge $129 investment when the ATF guys finally got around to putting the kerbosh on pistol braces.
And so in saying, that if it actually went down like that, you can always just swap a barrel or add a flash can to get around the issue if you still aren’t down with paying the ATF for an SBR tax stamp, no muss no fuss.
No reason to throw the baby out with the bath water is all.

As for your wolves are at the hen house fear mongering, the wolves have been eating well for a very very long time, it ain’t new.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
YouTube personality, which should tell you everything you need to know about the quality of the source.
It's pretty interesting how these youtube personalities or online personalities are considered to be experts and their opinions are to be taken seriously.

On another forum, a poster actually said that he turned down buying a gun at good price because PewPew took it off their recommendation list.

I don't know about other people, but I find it very tough to seriously take the opinions of some outfits that called themselves PewPew.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,634 Posts

·
Registered
31,031 Posts
Possibly last desperate push before next scotus appointment?
If trump wins he needs to slash and burn these corrupt government agencies.
He had four years to do it, what makes you think he will in another four?

And how's that wall coming along?

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
That is not true.

The judge actually knows the AR15 is in common use. You are not convincing the judge of that although the judge frames the argument as such.

You are are having a hard time convincing judges to follow the law and previous court decisions because of their political beliefs. You are trying to convince a judge to be a judge and not a political activist. That is why it is not working to convince them.
Yes, I understand that. But sometimes reality can smack them in the face. Again short barreled rifles, machine guns, etc are still out there in high numbers. They are not considered in common use. The Heller standard for magazines was attempted to be used in the challenge to CT and NY assault weapon ban laws. I think those “evil features” were more common than bump stocks. It did save a pump action rifle however that was banned by CT law.

And yes, it is a lot of judges being political or using their feelings rather than the strict scrutiny or even intermediate scrutiny level that they should be using.
I live in one if the most restrictive gun control places in the country and feel fortunate to have “ full carry” “privileges” here but know that could change on some whim of some bureaucrat.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,004 Posts
Yes, I understand that. But sometimes reality can smack them in the face. Again short barreled rifles, machine guns, etc are still out there in high numbers. They are not considered in common use. The Heller standard for magazines was attempted to be used in the challenge to CT and NY assault weapon ban laws. I think those “evil features” were more common than bump stocks. It did save a pump action rifle however that was banned by CT law.

And yes, it is a lot of judges being political or using their feelings rather than the strict scrutiny or even intermediate scrutiny level that they should be using.
I live in one if the most restrictive gun control places in the country and feel fortunate to have “ full carry” “privileges” here but know that could change on some whim of some bureaucrat.

Every M4 used in the US military is an SBR. I'd say that's common use.

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
He had four years to do it, what makes you think he will in another four?

And how's that wall coming along?
First of all, Trump is working against it but remember the democrats has resisted it at every turn. They even tried to impeach him on a legally allowed phone call to investigate the corruption. The FBI and CIA top brass have resisted any attempt to clean up the system with a congress ready to impeach him for obstruction for trying to clean it up.
As far as the wall, it’s actually being built. Despite the democrats resistance at every turn, Trump is keeping or attempting to keep his campaign promises unlike most politicians.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It's pretty interesting how these youtube personalities or online personalities are considered to be experts and their opinions are to be taken seriously.

On another forum, a poster actually said that he turned down buying a gun at good price because PewPew took it off their recommendation list.

I don't know about other people, but I find it very tough to seriously take the opinions of some outfits that called themselves PewPew.
I actually like MAC. He is a former Marine and is pretty honest in his reviews. Give him a try. I agree with you on many others though.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
The anti brace naysayers crack me up. I don’t know why you are so scared of **** like this, because even if this went down exactly as some of you fudds hope it will, the worst case scenario for me is to P&W a 6” flash can on my braced pistol and carry on like nothing happened paying no tax, joining no registry and using my already paid for brace as a stock.
**** the BATF and all the fudd boot lickers!!
Um, so what you're saying is you'll meekly obey the ruling by modifying your pistol so that you are in compliance. Bold move.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Which part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do politicians not understand?

I don't care if it's the federal government, or the individual states, the Constitution is very clear!

We have let these people get away with way too much for way too long and we must take back our country!
Even the constitutionalist justices agree that some restrictions are constitutional, so the whole "shall not be infringed" ship sailed a while ago. I don't expect to see it make an appearance back in port.

·
Registered
19,928 Posts
I actually like MAC. He is a former Marine and is pretty honest in his reviews. Give him a try. I agree with you on many others though.
I agree. I like MAC. I also like HR Funk. He is also a former marine

101 - 120 of 141 Posts