GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Typical FUDD response. No Freakin' Wonder the 2A is in peril!!!
I want NFA repealed, but I’m a Fudd? Face it.. You don’t like what you’re hearing but I say again, you knew, or should have known, that what the ATF giveth (via memo) can certainly be taken away. Well that’s today sport.

The only hope is that the Supreme Court can help and I say again, I want them to go after the NFA, not a loophole-by-memorandum.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,492 Posts
Lest someone interpret what I am about to say as gross negligence of 2A responsibilities, letters and calls to ALL of my elected officials have let them know where I stand. I am in their ear, belong to the NRA, belong to GOA, and am vocal.

Having said that, this just doesn't smell right. It feels more like political angling (and law firms do things to sway elections... don't kid yourselves!) than real fact. I would love for someone to provide support for this theory.

It flies in the face of wisdom.

First, if the US BATFE or liberals wanted to do this, there is NO WAY they would be doing it right before the election. They would lie to us as say "I support the 2A!". They don't want to alienate people prior to an election. They want to hide from real issues and gently slide into office!

Second, with last night's nomination, the Supreme Court would be able to weigh in on this, and a more liberal balance gave us Heller and McDonald. This court will be even more strongly on our side.

This just doesn't feel like real news. It feels like synthesized news meant to rally votes and fuel fear. But remember... Despite me being skeptical of all of this, I have written my Federal, State, AND local officials to reinforce my firearms views, AND I have called some of them. I donate to pro-2A gun groups. Anyone who hasn't taken those minimal measures should probably do so prior to chastising my lack of concern about what I view as likely political propaganda.
Excellent point;

There's nothing from the BATFE themselves. This could just be that law firm stirring up **** for whatever reason.

Reactions: boilergonzo

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Excellent point;

There's nothing from the BATFE themselves. This could just be that law firm stirring up **** for whatever reason.
Yep. Likely someone they know and love is in an election as is the NRA candidate, and they are drumming up votes by peddling fear. If it results in a win for a 2A candidate, the outcome is good, but I am not going to push the panic button over this. It smells like fearmongering and a cheap $150 political ad on TV at 3AM filmed in grandpa's basement with the help of Jeb from the nursing home (the video is shaky because his hands aren't steady while holding the iPhone).

Reactions: TACLOAD

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Typical FUDD response. No Freakin' Wonder the 2A is in peril!!!
FUDD LOL... Kind of like shouting fake news when you here somthing you don't like.

Face it, braces which amount to nothing more than a youth stock on a pistol have always been a work around, just like bump stocks. And your surprised this could happen? Don't kill the messanger.

As far as the message in the OP, I wouldn't trust that either.

·
Registered
479 Posts
FUDD LOL... Kind of like shouting fake news when you here somthing you don't like.

Face it, braces which amount to nothing more than a youth stock on a pistol have always been a work around, just like bump stocks. And your surprised this could happen? Don't kill the messanger.
Yet another FUDD. This has nothing to do with braces. It's about reclassification and taxation of a legal item. That, I have a problem with.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Makes me glad I never got into the pistol/brace craze.
I think everyone knew the ATF would **** all over the braces, they're a corrupt institution that is another extension of the DNC.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,492 Posts
Yet another FUDD. This has nothing to do with braces. It's about reclassification and taxation of a legal item. That, I have a problem with.
Relax.

Nothing has actually happened yet.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
It would seem if you purchase a legal firearm. The Government, if this case the ATF does not have the right to revoke or alter your legal ownership of said firearm. Under the Second Amendment, our right to keep and bear arms.
It would also seem the the Forth Amendment would come into play also. Again a legally purchased firearm.
The government does not have to right to search or confiscate a legally purchased item.

This is of course providing that you are a law abiding citizen. With the stroke of a pen can the ATF declare a person to be a criminal?
I would think not.
Any agency doing so would be in violation of The Constitution of The United States and therefore be an enemy of the U.S., a domestic enemy.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,456 Posts

I'll withhold judgement until I hear from a more reputable source than some previously unknown Wiley lawyers. Not even Wiley Coyote can start a panic.
What does the NRA say? Or even GOA?

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
FUDD. LOL. You've been here a minute and you think you know who the fudds are.

And where did I say I didn't have a problem with it.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Let's just say I've been around a lot longer than you might think.
Then you should know to take a breath, slow down and read what people actually post, instead of name calling and adding nothing to the conversation.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Defund the BATF.
Can you add a little more to the post then this... at least try. You are an old member. People expect more from you.

I don’t see them getting rid of the braces. Especially if there is an uproar like is going on now. Remember the M855 ban that never happened and the bump fire stocks?
Let’s hope.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,736 Posts
Wait, so if it’s an AOW then it’s a $5 stamp instead of a $200 SBR? That actually works out better for me.

Sure, you could say registration is on the way to confiscation. But if you take that part of it out, financially it makes things easier than what I would have done.
Yes, AOW is $5, SBR, SBS, Silencers, Form 1s and Form4s are all $200.

Besides that though, if one actually reads what is being SPECULATED about by this law firm, nothing is actually known and a lot of what they're saying constitutes an AOW is stuff that is applicable to a standard Glock 17.

Rifle sights? WTF are those? Notch and post?

Ability to accept high capacity drums? Hello South Korea...

A long barrel creating an imbalance at the shooters hand? Gimme a length requirement or STFU (not you specifically). I've seen 16 inch G17 barrels.

They don't even try to quantify 90% of the **** they're talking about.

I trust Tim Harmsman as far as I can throw him and I trust a law firm even less.

Gimme something solid to read from the ATF and I'll get worked up. Until then, I'm filing this under election stumping of the gun community.

Bear in mind that the $5 AOW stamp is for transfers. If you are already in possession you aren't transferring anything.

I'm in the wait for official release from BATFE not some lawyer group.

Also eff the ATF.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The arm brace was designed for "differently abled" shooters to use firearms that they otherwise couldn't handle because of disabilities.

I'm pretty sure I can get my physician to write a letter saying that I'm "differently abled". Old age is a mother. I think that I am suffering from the Frozen Shoulder Syndrome.

·
AK-74
1,930 Posts
Take this from my sore beat up hands. After i get to fire the last five out of it,ha ha there will be no civil war, Zombie Uprisings. attack of the Triffids.or vet patriots stopping spandex boys in the street.and anti fwucks And bloated lards Matter fighting.

a few riots again. more looting at Target. Masks up fear Covid 2019 2020,2021 and beyond. Like some lame ass t,v, show at 10 that plays the same sorry ass crap.

Until the 1,000 or so guys left with Balls in the U.S. takes out the real enemy of the true freedom loving people..I am a Marine {Army}of one.

the other 999 went to work, bought a car, Went to Dizzy World, And put new wheels on the truck and sold the boat.

sadly the state we are truly in, Heck don't wear a mask they throw you out of the store now,

they have been putting this in the food and all beverages now, Many have been guzzling it down for years.

Who would have thought it would ever get to this.The shot heard round the world today was a beer fart from a bar stool right before they closed down because of covid. No fun for you.

we missed that window already. sit back load mags train on Halo ten, have the dog do attack tricks. And kiss the young gal or old gal whatever ya got.

The old War dogs will reminisce of the days of high adventure.
c021e3db452342c81f92b3f204aedccf--irish-republican-army-weapons-guns.jpg

41 - 60 of 141 Posts