GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
i wish there was more clarity on what is an AR Pistol vs what is an AOL or SBR. If it's under 26 inches, has no foregrip and uses the pistol buffer tube with no brack/stock then is it still an AR Pistol, or are they trying to turn everything into an AOL or SBR?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Personally, I want to get a short barreled AR, whatever the legal classification is for one. But they are like low hanging fruit for the anti-gunners, and I don’t want to get caught in that situation. Seems like avoiding the whole thing might be the smarter thought these days. IDK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
i wish there was more clarity on what is an AR Pistol vs what is an AOL or SBR. If it's under 26 inches, has no foregrip and uses the pistol buffer tube with no brack/stock then is it still an AR Pistol, or are they trying to turn everything into an AOL or SBR?
Exactly. And I suspect that the powers that be/ATF are doing that undefined thing on purpose so as to be able to eventually scoop up as many as they can if they ever figure out how to make personal legal property suddenly illegal. SMH!

Reactions: bgreed

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I believe that ATF is trying to call all of the short barrel variants of an AR, AK, or HK (?), an AOW. The plan, if I am reading this right, is to have each one be inspected and approved as an AOW. That would then require a tax stamp and enter each one into a national registry.

If you read the letter you will see that pistol caliber carbines will also fall under this rule. And no grandfather clause either. And of course we all know what happens to gun registries eventually.

·
Previously nutsnax
695 Posts
There should be no debate any longer that the ATF is a political arm of the Left in the US.

So I see this reclassification of a product that millions of Americans own based on deceptive opinions from the ATF.... and when I consider who and what they are it makes sense.

The ATF doesn't want to regulate gun owners, they want to hurt gun owners.

The ATF wants to hurt them in their wallets until they give up their firearms.

If the ATF had the ability, they would hurt people physically to force them to give up their firearms.

Why?

Go look at the average leftist on twitter and you'll see why.... they are one and the same.... the Neo-Bolshevists have subverted the US government at the highest levels.

Because any organization that would have this kind of political timing couldn't possibly be made up of honest and objective Americans looking to serve their country. This issue, turning millions of Americans into felons overnight based on a deception, solidifies this notion.

·
Quick! Duck!
2,837 Posts
What can be given by ATF fiat can be taken away by ATF fiat. Are short shotties next?

·
Build the Wall
10,234 Posts
If the ATF had the ability, they would hurt people physically to force them to give up their firearms.
Well, that is exactly what they are striving for and why there is a revolution/civil war coming to this country very soon.

If Joe Biden wins you better have your magazines loaded before January 20th, 2021 (revolution)!

If President Trump wins you better have them loaded by November 4th (Civil War)!!!

It's about to get real, patriots, be vigilant!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
While I don’t support it, this day was both obvious and inevitable. When you bought these things you knew it was precarious (or you should have).

If this goes to the Supreme Court I can only hope it fixes the whole thing, i.e. removes SBRs and certain “pistols” from NFA. I couldn’t care less about keeping this loophole alive.

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,433 Posts
Headed for a group of folks clearing out a local agency by force at some point. The tea party is overdue
Be careful what you wish for...

I do have to agree with Dale Gribble, though. Until we hear it from the BATFE, it’s just speculation, and could be just fake news. Stay tuned.

Reactions: boilergonzo

·
Registered
658 Posts
While I don’t support it, this day was both obvious and inevitable. When you bought these things you knew it was precarious (or you should have).

If this goes to the Supreme Court I can only hope it fixes the whole thing, i.e. removes SBRs and certain “pistols” from NFA. I couldn’t care less about keeping this loophole alive.
Typical FUDD response. No Freakin' Wonder the 2A is in peril!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Trump signed an executive order recently to where it’s easier to get rid of life long government employees. Someone at DHS even quit over it I believe. If Trump wins the 2nd term, let’s pray he fires everyone.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Well, that is exactly what they are striving for and why there is a revolution/civil war coming to this country very soon.

If Joe Biden wins you better have your magazines loaded before January 20th, 2021 (revolution)!

If President Trump wins you better have them loaded by November 4th (Civil War)!!!

It's about to get real, patriots, be vigilant!
:animlol:there will be no such thing, no matter how much people fear or fantasize about it. Just more rioting criminals and domestic terrorist.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,906 Posts

Very astute observations.

It was quite clear, from day 1, that "braces" were going to be an issue. Very clear. What the BATFE grants, the BATFE can take away. The BATFE screwed around, until they finally declared them illegal.

So, now we must hope that a SC decision effectively guts the NFA.

**** the BATFE. Best of luck brace folks.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Looks like the BATF is preparing for a regime change to an administration more sympathetic to their cause.
They are going to be sorely disappointed; BUT we now, IF true, have a glimpse of what's coming after the 2024 election.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I trust Tim Harmsman as far as I can throw him and I trust a law firm even less.

Gimme something solid to read from the ATF and I'll get worked up. Until then, I'm filing this under election stumping of the gun community.
Lest someone interpret what I am about to say as gross negligence of 2A responsibilities, letters and calls to ALL of my elected officials have let them know where I stand. I am in their ear, belong to the NRA, belong to GOA, and am vocal.

Having said that, this just doesn't smell right. It feels more like political angling (and law firms do things to sway elections... don't kid yourselves!) than real fact. I would love for someone to provide support for this theory.

It flies in the face of wisdom.

First, if the US BATFE or liberals wanted to do this, there is NO WAY they would be doing it right before the election. They would lie to us as say "I support the 2A!". They don't want to alienate people prior to an election. They want to hide from real issues and gently slide into office!

Second, with last night's nomination, the Supreme Court would be able to weigh in on this, and a more liberal balance gave us Heller and McDonald. This court will be even more strongly on our side.

This just doesn't feel like real news. It feels like synthesized news meant to rally votes and fuel fear. But remember... Despite me being skeptical of all of this, I have written my Federal, State, AND local officials to reinforce my firearms views, AND I have called some of them. I donate to pro-2A gun groups. Anyone who hasn't taken those minimal measures should probably do so prior to chastising my lack of concern about what I view as likely political propaganda.

21 - 40 of 141 Posts