GlockTalk Forum banner

401 - 420 of 445 Posts

·
Anti-Federalist
19,624 Posts
All of my braces are Kak Shockwaves. All ATF approved. Hope SB Tactical gets busy getting approvals. They needed it for the SB1 not sure why they thought approval wouldn't be prudent with the other iterations.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,624 Posts
I have a feeling the ATF won't be issuing any further positive opinions on these type of devices.

Well if SB Tactical fails to submit the new ones to the ATF they certainly won't get approval.

·
NRA Life Member
4,894 Posts
All of my braces are Kak Shockwaves. All ATF approved. Hope SB Tactical gets busy getting approvals. They needed it for the SB1 not sure why they thought approval wouldn't be prudent with the other iterations.
Does your KAK fit your Extar EP?

·
Come on man!!
15,379 Posts
So far I haven’t seen a single thing that says the ATF has outlawed pistol braces.

Just some 2 year letter that SB Tactical claims they never received or discussed with the ATF and a bunch of internet speculation.
Yeah, that's because you're actually using your brain to think logically instead of just running around like chicken little.

·
Registered
28,568 Posts
So far I haven’t seen a single thing that says the ATF has outlawed pistol braces.

Just some 2 year letter that SB Tactical claims they never received or discussed with the ATF and a bunch of internet speculation.
Killjoy. Party pooper.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
If they were, they'd have to make a formal, public announcement. My guess is they'd probably like to, but doing so would make they look stupid, for having okayed these devices in the first place, after thoroughly reviewing them, and allowing hundreds of thousands, if not millions to be sold.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Don't worry Joe will help clarify things for us shortly.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
In the past I owned a full auto H&K 7.62 machine gun that I shot at public ranges a lot. Presently I own SBR's and suppressors that I shoot at public ranges a lot, when ammo is available. I have done this for years.
I have NEVER been asked to show paperwork on any of these. If people don't use their questionable firearms illegally (bank robbery and such) I doubt they will run into problems. When was the last time anyone here was asked for paperwork? If you use them to commit a crime it gives the government the ability to add enhancements to the charges.

It's not the best situation and the laws need clarification, but it's not the end of the world.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If they were, they'd have to make a formal, public announcement. My guess is they'd probably like to, but doing so would make they look stupid, for having okayed these devices in the first place, after thoroughly reviewing them, and allowing hundreds of thousands, if not millions to be sold.
Looking stupid has never bothered them before! Let's see G series FAL's, approved then oops, too easy to convert to full auto. Grand father in those here already, no more.
Several different SMG parts kits dewatted, ATF approved, oops too easy to rewat.
I don't think they get the most brightest.

·
AAAMAD
31,356 Posts
In the past I owned a full auto H&K 7.62 machine gun that I shot at public ranges a lot. Presently I own SBR's and suppressors that I shoot at public ranges a lot, when ammo is available. I have done this for years.
I have NEVER been asked to show paperwork on any of these. If people don't use their questionable firearms illegally (bank robbery and such) I doubt they will run into problems. When was the last time anyone here was asked for paperwork? If you use them to commit a crime it gives the government the ability to add enhancements to the charges.

It's not the best situation and the laws need clarification, but it's not the end of the world.

Uh, as a young man (having had SBR’s since I was 22). Yes I have been asked many times to see a copy of my paperwork.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Uh, as a young man (having had SBR’s since I was 22). Yes I have been asked many times to see a copy of my paperwork.
There's one.......
Different parts of the country probably handle it differently. In Utah Class 3 is pretty common.
In any case, the rules are convoluted and need to be relaxed. But with Biden things will only get worse.

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,857 Posts
Newest information on DOJ/ATF plans for braced pistols

401 - 420 of 445 Posts