ATF Rule 41F anyone?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by rav373, Feb 25, 2016.

1. rav373

rav373

Anyone heard the new deal on this?, this was passed back in Jan of this year. If you didn't know what it is, this ATF 41F rule has to do with gun-trust. They're trying to make it less of a hassel when we the law abiding citizen buying the what's termed as "dangerousweapons".( silencers, short-barreled rifles, shotguns and fully automatic firearms)

Here's a link on this subject explained a little better than me - http://bit.ly/1VHwlqA

So getting back to the question anyone has experiences with this? good, bad or what

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

"They're trying to make it less of a hassel"

No. They are trying to close the "trust loophole" that they invented so they could show the liberals that they are pushing back against those evil gun owners.

This actually creates more of a hassle for those of us that use trusts.

SJ 40 likes this.

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Yep, going to make getting NFA items on a trust that much more of a pain. I hope to add a couple more SBR lowers and suppressors to mine before the rule takes effect, but who knows if I'll be able to swing it.

Going through the old process for three SBRs and a half dozen suppressors is clearly not enough to keep the public safe from the menace I pose :upeyes:

SJ 40 likes this.
  4. Phelen_Kell

Phelen_Kell

They're basically requiring fingerprint cards for all trustees in your trust. They are eliminating CLEO sign off.

5. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

Easier for individuals, harder for a trust.

Some people propose a work around of taking everyone but you off the trust then adding them back once the item is approved. While probably technically legal it clearly violates the spirit of the law. I wouldn't want to spend thousands defending that move in court.