GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
The thread title is disingenuous. Did thousands of bumbstock owners get rounded up and sent to prison? Why not? Why would anyone think they would handle braces any differently, if the decision is in fact reversed?

Calm down, people.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Since I can tell this is about pistol arm braces from responses... How many braces did the one company sell? How many others made braces longer than 13.5"? Millions... I'd be surprised if it's thousands.

Doesn't make it ok, but the title of the article is misleading at best.

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well if worse comes to worse and they finally rule all braces are illegal then I guess I can slide mine off and replace it with the foam sleeve. I already have the sleeve bracing it against my chest works pretty good, just doesn't look as cool.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Well if worse comes to worse and they finally rule all braces are illegal then I guess I can slide mine off and replace it with the foam sleeve. I already have the sleeve bracing it against my chest works pretty good, just doesn't look as cool.
Pushing the tube (with foam sleeve) against your cheek works pretty good, too. If they get banned, I'll simply remove them. I have the low-dollar braces, in part for this reason.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Upfront, an expert on this I am not. That said, I think the worst that would happen would be a requirement to SBR the affected pistols. The sky is not falling yet. As time goes on, here on GT, more and more posts here look like Clickbait: a few vague words and a link to another sky-is-falling article.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Upfront, an expert on this I am not. That said, I think the worst that would happen would be a requirement to SBR the affected pistols. The sky is not falling yet. As time goes on, here on GT, more and more posts here look like Clickbait: a few vague words and a link to another sky-is-falling article.
Yeah, one more nibbling away at our rights. The sky isn't falling.......YET. Who cares, right ?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
The thread title is disingenuous. Did thousands of bumbstock owners get rounded up and sent to prison? Why not? Why would anyone think they would handle braces any differently, if the decision is in fact reversed?

Calm down, people.
its AR-15 pistol model equipped with a specialized brace is actually an illegal short-barreled rifle and anyone who owns one could be subject to up to 10 years in prison or $100,000 in fines. Industry insiders put the number of AR-15 pistols equipped with similar specialized braces at about 3 million.
Yeah, CALM DOWN PEOPLE.
Why would possibly giving up 10 years of your life scare you ?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
........I was only in the eighth grade for one year; not sure I know what a "sattiracal" is,.... but..
In the interest of science, my reply was SARCASM...
omg omg omg I spelled something incorrectly

pssssst, if you're going to be snide you should at least have a clue what you're talking about. I'll give you a hint..... look up the definition and synonyms of satirical

·
Banned
31,207 Posts
You can avoid felon status merely by taking the stock off. But I guess simple solutions like that are boring when you want to gin folks up.
Well, not really. As long as the brace is in your possession with the same weapon, you are in functional possession of a SBR, I believe that is the correct facts.

Here’s a question. Can you own an AR-15 pistol AND rifle? Wouldn’t that also be functional possession of an SBR as well?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Well, not really. As long as the brace is in your possession with the same weapon, you are in functional possession of a SBR, I believe that is the correct facts.

Here’s a question. Can you own an AR-15 pistol AND rifle? Wouldn’t that also be functional possession of an SBR as well?
I believe TC won in court on this, and got it relaxed some.

Reactions: nursetim

·
Registered
864 Posts
.....Here’s a question. Can you own an AR-15 pistol AND rifle? Wouldn’t that also be functional possession of an SBR as well?
Yes, you can own both, you can even own multiple uppers for either at the same time. if by chance you got in trouble and they added those charges a first year law student could get those dismissed...you have a legal pistol that the shorter uppers go with...no worries.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts