GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ATF last night made most pistol braces illegal and turned millions of pistols with them into unregistered SBR's.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IkVtY1PMoU

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/11/at...not-have-determination-letters/#axzz6emLE3lYC

He’s mistaken about one thing: While bureauRats don't have the constitutional authority to legislate, they obviously DO have the power. We the people gave it to them when we did nothing but write letters and give money to the NRA the first time they tried it.

Terry

Reactions: bgreed

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Well my SBA3 is at the top of the list.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
How this is enforced will let everyone know how they will enforce the possible new "Tax" stamp requirements coming!!

·
Anti-Federalist
19,087 Posts
They placed 23 unapproved braces from SB Tactical on notice to get approvals. They did NOT classify pistols as SBR's.

SB Tactical made a bad business decision and failed to get their new products approved before shipping them.

Pistol braces are not an NFA item.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I have conforms to the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution. That's all I need to know.

Terry

·
Registered
741 Posts
Since this is an administrative action and not a legislative one, shouldn't this be a civil matter and not criminal?

(I know, if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he hopped)

·
Anti-Federalist
19,087 Posts
Since this is an administrative action and not a legislative one, shouldn't this be a civil matter and not criminal?

(I know, if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he hopped)
Currently it's a non issue and nothing has changed. Braces are not NFA items and no one is a felon.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a couple braces but I’ve got the paperwork ready to make them SBR’s if they come down the pipe with something. Honestly I won’t be shocked if they’d say no more braces as the whole brace thing has gone a little too far IMHO. You can’t poke the bear and circle the laws forever and not get tripped up. Just like the “straight cut rifling” on a “firearm” trying to find loopholes to exploit will only make those anti-gun people more vigilant in making new laws iron clad. Not helping the cause by finding loopholes but rather screwing yourselves in the end.

The 7.62x39 steel core Ammo that used to come in decades ago. Shot good, was super cheap, but once someone made an AK pistol, due to rulings on no AP handgun Ammo, there went a supply of cheap Ammo. Why-someone tried to be smart and screwed everyone in the process.

Not anti gun, far from it, but I’m looking at reality. Don’t try to think you’ll get one over on the Gov’t and ATF as it will bite you down the road.

BTW-I think it’s funny how I can be considered Anti-Gun as I have views like this....think I’m anti gun, come over and I’ll show you the safe collection....

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
While I understand that the whole brace thing is bs, I do have some questions.

The informal process from brace manufacturers was that they designed a brace then sent it to ATF abs gut approval. Is that correct? SB tactical did so on their first design(s)? Then didnt on their next one(s)? Why not? Did they have something from the ATF that they didn’t have to?

It’s sucks monkey balls, but it seems that if folks want to run the brace thing they are going to have to replace their braces with units that have actual acceptance letters on file from the ATF.

·
3,009 Posts
Because the ATF operates without due process. no legislation required when you have the authority to simply say "I L L E G A L"

·
Anti-Federalist
19,087 Posts
All under the Trump Administration... He could exit like a Boss if he cared to do anything about this.

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Anti-Federalist
19,087 Posts
Interesting...neither was a bumpstock...how'd that work out?

Not too good. Trump's not looking like a very pro-2A POTUS in my estimation.

Reactions: Cambo
1 - 15 of 15 Posts