Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I was just going to give my c/c info to an overseas website. NOT

The link comes across sounding self-protectionist but who knows, maybe some of that stuff does need a Form 6. IHNFI.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
BS. If they're not selling restricted items that you couldn't normally buy in the United States anyway, they're only breaking the terms of service of the companies involved and whatever agreements they might have.

Unless it's the illegal importation of illegal weapons, the ATF has nothing to do with it. It sounds like that distributor just has his panties in a wad because some foreign place is probably underselling him.

Look at the E-bay store they say not to buy from:

http://stores.ebay.com/ZAHAL-IDF-tactical-gear-store

There's nothing there that's regulated by the ATF. Ebay would have already banned them if that was the case.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
There's nothing there that's regulated by the ATF.
Not true, protective vests can not be exported from the US or sold to foreign agents. No idea if you can't import one however.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Not true, protective vests can not be exported from the US or sold to foreign agents. No idea if you can't import one however.
That depends on what level vest it is. Nothing about importation that I can find. That probably depends on the other country.

Shipping Level III and IV RIFLE Plates outside the US requires a U.S. State Department export permit which can take 3 weeks to 2 months, generally at least a month. Please plan your purchases accordingly.

Level II-A, Level II and Level III-A Body Armor generally does NOT require a Bureau of Industry & Security export license to most countries.

To check on Body Armor regulations in your country, or estimate import duties and taxes into your country, please consult your government.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Been there -- DONE THAT!!! ATF payed me a nice visit and took my junk!!!

From 12-9-04
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156756
That's a huge difference, though. They suspected you of illegally buying a suppressor. I don't think they're busting down people's doors for buying AR-15 stocks and foregrips. I'm sure that was unsettling, nonetheless.

That being said, I can't understand why anyone would bother importing such common items anyway. Neither of those two stores seem to be selling anything rare or noteworthy that you couldn't find on any number of U.S. sites.

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
That's a huge difference, though. They suspected you of illegally buying a suppressor. I don't think they're busting down people's doors for buying AR-15 stocks and foregrips. I'm sure that was unsettling, nonetheless.

That being said, I can't understand why anyone would bother importing such common items anyway. Neither of those two stores seem to be selling anything rare or noteworthy that you couldn't find on any number of U.S. sites.
Well...yeah, kinda.

Still, I was "guilty" of not doing an ATF Form 6 for many of the Walther parts. :)

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
We need to abolish the ATF. I want to see them cut the federal budget by totally defunding the ATF. How much would that save?

·
NRA Member
2,145 Posts
We need to abolish the ATF. I want to see them cut the federal budget by totally defunding the ATF. How much would that save?
I'm thinking it wouldn't save a dime. The federal firearms laws would just be turned over to FBI or DHS and the money with them.

Then we could have potentially 15,000 to 20,000 agents enforcing the federal gun laws instead of 2,500. :wow:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking it wouldn't save a dime. The federal firearms laws would just be turned over to FBI or DHS and the money with them.

Then we could have potentially 15,000 to 20,000 agents enforcing the federal gun laws instead of 2,500. :wow:
Seems like the FBI at least is a little more accountable and doesn't interpret and make stuff up to enforce willy nilly though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
So you re a criminal justice major, yet you never asked for them to provide a search warrant?
If anyone knocks on your door wanting to ask about your guns tell them to get bent unless they have a warrant.
Unless I'm hiding something they can see what ever they want at my house. As a retired LEO if someone had told me to "get bent" and I knew the guy was dirty chances are that evening he would be "getting bent over" at the jail after I took the time to go get my search warrant.

From what I remember about USMCsilvers "problem" he had made an honest mistake, owned up to it, and ended up just a few gun parts short of what he had started his day with.

He knew he screwed up. They knew he screwed up. He turned over the stuff and it went away. Could have turned out much different had he decided to play "I think I'm a lawyer"!

Rancher

·
Registered
432 Posts
Unless I'm hiding something they can see what ever they want at my house. As a retired LEO if someone had told me to "get bent" and I knew the guy was dirty chances are that evening he would be "getting bent over" at the jail after I took the time to go get my search warrant.

From what I remember about USMCsilvers "problem" he had made an honest mistake, owned up to it, and ended up just a few gun parts short of what he had started his day with.

He knew he screwed up. They knew he screwed up. He turned over the stuff and it went away. Could have turned out much different had he decided to play "I think I'm a lawyer"!

Rancher
This is how people loose rights. They give them away. Those agents were hoping to catch someone that would let them walk all over them.
There's a difference in playing internet lawyer and knowing your constitutional rights.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

Rancher
Good lawyers say not to say a word to the police, even if you're innocent. You can, under many circumstances, incriminate yourself (at no fault of the police) even when you're innocent by saying the wrong things.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i8z7NC5sgik" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I'm sure you were Johnny Toughcop, though.

·
Malcontent
11,682 Posts
I'm sure you were Johnny Toughcop, though.
Why are you sure of that? And what is wrong with tough cops? It's a tough and dangerous job. You make it seem like being tough is a bad thing. I guess you go to great lengths not to be tough yourself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts