GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
i bought a gun this summer so i had to hang around the counter for a while... there were two young men near, talking to a salesman about a handgun, one was very interested then decided he wanted it. his buddy was egging him on, convincing him he needed to buy it. the sales guy asked the kid if he had any reason that he thought he might be denied on the form. i've heard the counter guys ask people that before, i suppose they get a feeling about certain customers. this kid, anyway, starts hemming and hawing, and his friend blurts out, well you got cleared on that deal, i mean, that deal isn't on your record anymore, right? LOL!LOl! everyone in the store is now looking at these two and the dude with the, ahem, potential record gets quiet and says, i got to go home and make a call,,, i'll let you guys know later, can you hold that Shield? uhha... yeah, don't worry, i can hold it for you... the two guys walk out and the place blows up in laughter, the two counter guys are both retired cops... one says, it happens all the time... we won't see them back here.... they got to have a million stories.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Maybe it should be, do you have a penis or a ******? Does not matter what you identify as, consider yourself to be or wish you were. Lucky for me, I have a penis and I am a dick, no confusion here.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just filled out a new 4473 and I though that section was pretty strange. I also think its strange that the FFL does their part first, then I fill out my section and sign then hand it back to them. That part will surely slow transactions down at the gun counters that get quite busy.

·
Super Moderator
19,787 Posts
It's been a while since I was "trained" on filling out the 4473, but I distinctly remember being told the sex had to match the sex on their DL/ID card. I know some states have "upgraded" the DLs/IDs, but not all have done so.

If they have an DL/ID that says Male or Female, and they check Non-binary, is that a fail/Do Not Proceed?

·
Registered
31,043 Posts
It's been a while since I was "trained" on filling out the 4473, but I distinctly remember being told the sex had to match the sex on their DL/ID card. I know some states have "upgraded" the DLs/IDs, but not all have done so.

If they have an DL/ID that says Male or Female, and they check Non-binary, is that a fail/Do Not Proceed?
I think that's the reason they are doing this.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

I wondered the same thing. Didn't care enough to test it when I bought my last gun, tho.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,015 Posts
Pretty sure everyone needs to start filling out "non-binary".

Throws the ATF off track and gives you an excuse to call them some sort of "phobic" and sue them for.... something non-binary folks sue the government for.

Win win.

PLUS Binary triggers in Florida are illegal so all of my triggers are non-binary already..... ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I see your dilemma. Its easy for others to say what to do when their butt is not on the line. Thats a tough one for dealers. I wish you luck.

·
1911 lover
10,144 Posts
A girl at the hardware store was filling out a buyers reward deal and asked a 20 something young woman wearing a dress and heels with long nails and hair . Makeup and earrings etc if she identifies with being a man or woman .. the customer woman looked at me all confused?? This world is getting more and more strange.
And why does ace hardware need to ask what gender you associate yourself with ?? Do they give special instructions with a lawn mower when men wearing a dress buy them ??

·
Anti-Federalist
19,015 Posts
A girl at the hardware store was filling out a buyers reward deal and asked a 20 something young woman wearing a dress and heels with long nails and hair . Makeup and earrings etc if she identifies with being a man or woman .. the customer woman looked at me all confused?? This world is getting more and more strange.
And why does ace hardware need to ask what gender you associate yourself with ?? Do they give special instructions with a lawn mower when men wearing a dress buy them ??

At that point it should be acceptable to throw your dick on the counter if the customer was a man.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
So I had to go through my stores FFL certification today and noticed the changes coming as we update to the May 2020 4473.

How in the world can I sell a firearm to someone who marks non-binary when we are supposed to not sell to someone showing obvious mental illness?

This is insanity.
There’s a Catch-22 here somewhere, but I’m laughing too hard to figure it out.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,015 Posts
Reactions: rotorhead1026

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,477 Posts
The part of that form no one seems to be noticing is the very top. The part where the FFL fills out what you bought. Before no one asked. Now, they have to put on there what you are buying. I find that more disturbing then the non binary crap.

Reactions: syntaxerrorsix

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The part of that form no one seems to be noticing is the very top. The part where the FFL fills out what you bought. Before no one asked. Now, they have to put on there what you are buying. I find that more disturbing then the non binary crap.
TS, how much detail is required? I’d be tempted to answer “A gun”.

·
1911 lover
10,144 Posts
More make stuff up every day for the anti gun department

·
Registered
968 Posts

All of it must match your ID, name, dob, etc. However, Non-binary should only be CHOSEN if:

Question 14. Sex: Individuals with neither male nor female on their identification a document(s) should check Non-Binary.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts