GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to go through my stores FFL certification today and noticed the changes coming as we update to the May 2020 4473.

How in the world can I sell a firearm to someone who marks non-binary when we are supposed to not sell to someone showing obvious mental illness?

This is insanity.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I noticed that on a couple recent purchases the past several weeks. So much for categorizing by the type of plumbing one has.

I guess the catch-all "non-binary" covers all the dozens of supposed other categories people perceive themselves to be.

If the ATF even needs to follow up on some concern can the buyer say, "Sorry, that's not me. I'm the agender Pat Smith. Your looking for the demigirl Pat Smith."

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
So I had to go through my stores FFL certification today and noticed the changes coming as we update to the May 2020 4473.

How in the world can I sell a firearm to someone who marks non-binary when we are supposed to not sell to someone showing obvious mental illness?

This is insanity.
Is it a trick question that automatically disqualifies a person by itself? Its like answering “yes, I am an illegal alien who is on parole for felony domestic abuse and I use marijuana”.

:crazy:

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,566 Posts
If you can’t decide which sex you are, you probably shouldn’t be buying a gun. Just sayin.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts

This is insanity.
Meh.

The country survived selling guns to basically anyone for over 150 years. Before '68, you could order by mail (no online then) and have it delivered to your front door. There were NO FFLs, much less paperwork.

I thought most of us were "blame the criminal not the tool" people? Maybe not.

To those in the gun selling business? Follow the current law. That's it. Keep up to date on any changes and follow them. In the coming years, more attention will be paid to those selling firearms.

I did it part-time for probably 8-9ish years over two time periods. I'm quite glad to be out of that line of work.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It is rather strange when you can opt to identify as mentally ill on a 4473.
Yeah my point exactly. I have a feeling I won't be doing my 'fun' job much longer.

What if I identify as an alligator
Scaley skin and a long snout is no indicator of mental fitness and I'm sure your fishing license is unexpired and has your correct address.

Is it a trick question that automatically disqualifies a person by itself? Its like answering “yes, I am an illegal alien who is on parole for felony domestic abuse and I use marijuana”.

:crazy:
I wish.

If you can’t decide which sex you are, you probably shouldn’t be buying a gun. Just sayin.
Preach.

I did it part-time for probably 8-9ish years over two time periods. I'm quite glad to be out of that line of work.
Oh man, I hear you. It's nuts.

What if a non-binary buys a binary trigger?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts