At what point do we loose our constitutional rights during a crime?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by flw, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

I can tell you WHO makes the decision as to what force is used. the person involved in the crime. it is THEIR actions that dictate the response.

Everyone has the right to due process. but by their own actions they can choose not to avail themselves to that right.
    they want due process, surrender peacefully or turn yourself in. if you choose instead to go on a homicidal killing spree and murder those attempting to arrest you. That is THEIR choice. LE simply responds to the choices made.

2. Patchman

Patchman Florist

The next time a criminal is about to commit a serious crime against a citizen, who then uses deadly force to stop the crime, that's a question that has to be asked!

"And Citizen, who gave you the escalation approval?"

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  4. IQof1

IQof1

Stand off ends in fire......can you say Waco? Knew that you could!

5. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Do we have evidence that the cabin burned solely because of the CS?

Or did that POS intentionally start a fire? Then he shot himself because he had always vowed to never be taken alive?

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

If I am a civilian, cop, soldier or sunday school teacher, I really don't give two ****s about your constitutional rights if you are wantonly and randomly shooting at me.

I care LESS if I am a LEO in uniform and have issued you a lawful direct command which you are disobeying, and attempting/signaling to use deadly force against me or anyone else to effect an escape.

I care even less if you have already used deadly force, and I am in hot pursuit of you. Am I going to slam your face into the B or C pillar of the car a few times when you are being placed in the car? No. Do I care about your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th....amendment rights if/when you are trying to end my life? Nope.

It is my wish that everyone who starts asinine threads as these gets an opportunity to have a gun pointed at them by a crook, or have a gun screwed in their ear or nose to understand that these dry academic discussions are nowhere near close to what happens in real life.

It literally takes a superhuman of a person to have been shot at, and to pursuit someone, and to get shot at some more, and to take that person into custody, and not stomp a few new orifices in that jackalope. If anything is surprising, it that it does not happen more often(simply beating the **** out of someone when they are apprehended), and is a reflection as to the level of training, screening and selection that goes into "making" a police officer.

Yeah, there are bad cops. The dead guy was defective. Yeah, the process is not perfect, the training is not perfect, police officers are not perfect...but then again, there are no "perfect" any person in society, in any occupation, not even your little 3 month old Katie with the wonderful smile and sparkly eyes.

7. dbcooper

dbcooper

A sound logical arguement, this has no business taking up space on the interweb sir.

8. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I think the police should have just withdrawn and let him walk away. After all, he probably wouldn't have killed more than a few dozen additional police and their innocent children. He likely could have then gotten a job on Chris Mathews TV show or as a police reporter for NBC Nightly News. It amazes me why anyone would get upset about a serial killer- clearly he deserved revenge for whatever anyone ever did to him.

9. Patchman

Patchman Florist

No, I like poster flw's idea of demanding to know where the "escalation approval" came from!

Escalation approval!

Escalation approval! Nice ring to it, don't you all think?

"Citizen, where is your escalation approval?"

"Citizen, you took away that criminal's constitutional rights. Do you have your escalation approval..."

Thanks flw! :wavey:

10. dbcooper

dbcooper

Area 51, our alien overlords issue escalation warrants

They look like this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8D4AsLzlM0"]Talking Heads - "Burning Down The House" - YouTube[/ame]

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

Maybe that little green light on the radio is actually the escalation "green light" ??

12. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Well, it's got to blink in the right sequences. Dot-dash-dot-dot-dot-dash-dash-dash-dot. Followed by a verbal transmission such as "your cousin Steve is on the 9:15 bus. Repeat, your nephew Steve is on the 15:09 bus."

13. dbcooper

dbcooper

"The Chair is against the wall" "The Chair is against the wall"