GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
It's been 10 months now. Are we getting the vaccine soon? No?
10 months is extraordinary fast...
Phizer is saying they may be ready as soon as October...

I know you have said it will never happen. Apparently they risked not consulting with you and forged ahead...

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,467 Posts
10 months is extraordinary fast...
Phizer is saying they may be ready as soon as October...

I know you have said it will never happen. Apparently they risked not consulting with you and forged ahead...
I'm certain $9,000,000,000.00 in our tax-payer dollars, which means they still profit from the attempt even if nothing comes of their efforts, has anything to do with what Big Pharma is doing.......and saying.

But you keep listening to Phizer. Certainly they don't want to just keep feeding at the tax-payer trough of money before them. I'm sure that's not it.

And it's not like the rest of the world has also been trying to develop a vaccine either. No, the rest of the world is just a bunch of lazy, incompetent 3rd World dumb asses with no medial research technology, facilities or professionals. Only us Amerikaners can develop a vaccine. The fate of the entire world rests with the US, only the US can lead the world out of the darkness that is COVID.

·
Registered
864 Posts
From the article. Decide for yourself if 53 is a lot or a little in an effort to prevent recurrence of an epidemic that killed 50 million world wide in 1918:

In 1976, concerns in the United States about a possible influenza pandemic involving a virus similar to the deadly 1918 pandemic strain resulted in a large-scale vaccination program for the entire country. Approximately 45 million people were vaccinated in 10 weeks with what became known as the “swine flu vaccine” [16]. The US government abruptly stopped the vaccination program when no swine flu cases were detected outside the military base where the disease originated and when an unexpectedly high number of cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome were reported in vaccinated individuals. The vaccine was estimated to have caused approximately one Guillain-Barré syndrome case per 100,000 persons vaccinated [17], resulting in 53 deaths [18]. As a result of the association between the 1976 swine flu vaccine and Guillain-Barré syndrome, this condition is closely monitored every influenza season as part of the influenza vaccine safety monitoring in the United States.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I have more integrity in my pinky nail than most have in their entire family, but you do have a point, GT doesn't know me well enough to trust my word.
And never will know you well enough. Not you, personally, but forum denizens in general. Forums populated by anonymous members are really not the environment to foster trust without verification. Fortunately, most of the time folks are simply offering opinions, so it usually doesn't matter. Of course, if someone decides they want to take what some long-time members says as gospel, that's up to them.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
And it's not like the rest of the world has also been trying to develop a vaccine either. No, the rest of the world is just a bunch of lazy, incompetent 3rd World dumb asses with no medial research technology, facilities or professionals. Only us Amerikaners can develop a vaccine. The fate of the entire world rests with the US, only the US can lead the world out of the darkness that is COVID.
Who said they weren't...
The Chinese, Germans and Russians all have promising candidates....

YOU are the one, with your decades of virological experience, have flatly stated there will never be a vaccine...

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
If the vaccine saves thousands of lives, is that not a trade off for the possible few who may have complications from a vaccine?
Seems the way to go

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,467 Posts
Who said they weren't...
The Chinese, Germans and Russians all have promising candidates....

YOU are the one, with your decades of virological experience, have flatly stated there will never be a vaccine...

Sarcasm much? No? Right over your head?

No, there will never be a real vaccine. Some company might put out a barely viable placebo, but there will never be a real, effective vaccine.

No, I have precisely 0 decades of experience with viruses. I do have an abundance of common sense and the ability to use Google, and understand we humans have never created a vaccine for any of the other 6 human Corona viruses, like MERS or SARS. Or the common flu. Or the common cold. Or Ebola. Or HIV. Or the many other viruses with no vaccine, that companies could make billions on, if they could create one.

I also have the ability to recognize group think and the rampant fear of the COVID Karens, coming from the very effective fear-mongering that exists virtually everywhere. The fear-mongering people like you and others spread here.

I can smell it, and it stinks. It stinks of pathetic emotional weakness and fear, and of sheep guano.

·
NRA Life Member
28,419 Posts
Does the term " thalidomide " ring a bell ?

Reactions: lazarus66

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Sarcasm much? No? Right over your head?

No, there will never be a real vaccine. Some company might put out a barely viable placebo, but there will never be a real, effective vaccine.

No, I have no decades of experience with viruses. I have an abundance of common sense and the ability to use Google, and understand we humans have never created a vaccine for any of the other 6 human Corona viruses, like MERS or SARS. Or the common flu. Or the common cold. Or Ebola. Or HIV. Or the many other viruses with no vaccine, that companies could make billions on, if they could create one.

I also have the ability to recognize group think and the rampant fear of the COVID Karens, coming from the very effective fear-mongering that exists virtually everywhere. The fear-mongering people like you and others spread here.

I can smell it, and it stinks. It stinks of pathetic emotional weakness and fear, and of sheep guano.
You are the dunning kreuger effective personified...
You have read some, and are reasonably intelligent, and now you and your "common sense has the ability to use google" think you can pontificate about things people spend lifetimes studying...
You're in over your head, but I applaud you staying in character till the bitter end.

Let me ask you this...
What would it take to convince you that you are wrong?
Anything?
I see you have already begun to weave a tapestry of conspiracy about a so-called "placebo" vaccine to insulate your ego from the possible eventuality (which is of course not guaranteed, but increasingly likely) that a vaccine comes out ..

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,467 Posts
You are the dunning kreuger effective personified...
You have read some, and are reasonably intelligent, and now you and your "common sense has the ability to use google" think you can pontificate about things people spend lifetimes studying...
You're in over your head, but I applaud you staying in character till the bitter end.

Let me ask you this...
What would it take to convince you that you are wrong?
Anything?
I see you have already begun to weave a tapestry of conspiracy about a so-called "placebo" vaccine to insulate your ego from the possible eventuality (which is of course not guaranteed, but increasingly likely) that a vaccine comes out ..
Please Google "pontificate", I haven't done that at all.

What would it take to prove me wrong?

How about a vaccine? One that actually works?

If I'm wrong, I'll happily concede defeat, and be more than happy to be completely and utterly wrong. You can laugh in my face all damn day, call me the worlds biggest moron/loser/ignorant ****, won't care. I'd LOVE to be wrong.

Not gonna happen though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Astra Zeneca US headquarters are located in Wilmington, De. Isn't that the home of a presidential candidate? would not the delay of a vaccine help that same candidate?

·
Director of civil unrest
8,554 Posts
Might want to tell Trump that.

Still though, the state of science and medicine today is vastly more advanced than 50 years ago.
My gawd! The TDS on this site!! Yeah, we got it, it's all Trump's fault!!

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
The adverse event was a woman who was receiving the vaccine and not a placebo, she was diagnosed with transverse myelitis.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/09/astrazeneca-covid19-vaccine-trial-hold-patient-report/
TM is a serious neurological condition that can cause permanent disability sometimes presenting post vaccination the causation of which is frequently (in relative terms) litigated in the Vaccine Court in connection with the flu and TDaP vaccines.

Reactions: voyager4520

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
This is not a bad thing. This is what should happen. This is human lives we are talking about. A-Z is simply saying take a step back and regroup. This is how a vaccine should be developed.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
anyone interested in volunteering?
I volunteer Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, both Como's, George Soros among others!

·
Registered
20,626 Posts
He overstated the extent of the issue, but there was a flu vaccine in the 70's linked to a pretty bad side effect and some deaths.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599698/
Yes, from the article there were an estimated 8.8 cases of Guillain-Barre disease per 1,000,000 people linked to the swine flu vaccine (which turned out to not really have been needed) and 53 deaths. There are multiple potential causes of Guillain-Barre and in fact catching the influenza virus is one of them.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts