GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Never said it was developed in the 70's, said a vaccine used in the 70's that was rushed due to an "epidemic".I don't need to Google it, I saw and lived it in NYC.
So why post anything at all? This is a community and a discussion. If you want to take part, then please share evidence that has lead to you rationale in making the statement.
I don’t understand the obtuse attitude you’ve taken in your response. If you don’t want to take part in the discussion, then don’t post anything to which someone may reply.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Not progressive here, strictly Trump...you can take your chance and/or do some research, regardless I will bring you flowers if it doesn't work out for you.
No Vaccine is 100% perfect, in prevention, or no side effects, sometime some one can not handle the drud, and die.

·
Registered
299 Posts
He overstated the extent of the issue, but there was a flue vaccine in the 70's linked to a pretty bad side effect and some deaths.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599698/
Thank you FCastle... I may have "over stated" in others opinion, but I do remember it was a big stink then and was all over the news. Thanks again. I am not progressive, nor do I make up news/stories. I rely on past experience, and knowledge gained thru the years. Thanks again FCastle.

·
Registered
299 Posts
So why post anything at all? This is a community and a discussion. If you want to take part, then please share evidence that has lead to you rationale in making the statement.
I don’t understand the obtuse attitude you’ve taken in your response. If you don’t want to take part in the discussion, then don’t post anything to which someone may reply.
If life isn't sufficient experience, than what is?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Well until they prove the vaccine is effective and safe, I'll trust in my antibodies and memory T cells. They worked well enough on my Covid-19 in February.
Amen, I will most likely NEVER get it unless I get an underlying health condition or until I get older. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
If life isn't sufficient experience, than what is?
Do you believe everything you read on the internet?
I guess I’ll explain it to you so we don’t have to waste more time with more replies.
Personal accounts and experiences are never sufficient evidence; particularly when one cannot judge the individuals character, or the individual can make any statement of fact without consequence or repercussion.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
The Battle Cry of Liberals is...”Better Safe Than Sorry.”

Reactions: redneck ron

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,620 Posts
anyone interested in volunteering?
There's this guy in Washington D.C. who is really gung-ho about this. Give him a chance to test it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Do you believe everything you read on the internet?
I guess I’ll explain it to you so we don’t have to waste more time with more replies.
Personal accounts and experiences are never sufficient evidence; particularly when one cannot judge the individuals character, or the individual can make any statement of fact without consequence or repercussion.
I have more integrity in my pinky nail than most have in their entire family, but you do have a point, GT doesn't know me well enough to trust my word.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
This is the vaccine that uses chimp adenovirus to reprogram human cells to express the HIV spike protein which sars-cov2 shares with HIV.(*ahem made in a lab)

The scary thing about this one is that people who've already had sars-cov2 may have a much stronger immune response to this vaccine possibly even resulting in death. On the other hand maybe it's a cure for HIV too.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
He overstated the extent of the issue,
Yes he did, hence "you recall wrongly"..

I am well aware of the issues with the swine flu vaccine in the 70s..

It was bad, but it didn't 'kill multitudes"...

Given where vaccine technology is now, these issues are unlikely to happen again...

That said, I am all for doing proper phase 3 trials and not rushing things...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yes he did, hence "you recall wrongly"..

I am well aware of the issues with the swine flu vaccine in the 70s..

It was bad, but it didn't 'kill multitudes"...

Given where vaccine technology is now, these issues are unlikely to happen again...

That said, I am all for doing proper phase 3 trials and not rushing things...
As I admitted, I may have overstated. I was a child when this happened, it may have not been as bad as I recall. I still would not take a chance on a vaccine, specially one that has been rushed. This is MHO, doesn't have to agree with yours. We can agree to disagree.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,467 Posts
It's been 10 months now. Are we getting the vaccine soon? No?

Reactions: mj9mm and Paul53

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Did you ever look at the side effects of the drugs they advertise on tv? I think in trials, anything that happens is listed. I got the poopies...may cause diarrhea. I scratched my right nut...may cause right nut to itch.

Reactions: Paul53

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,535 Posts
As a young adult I had a version of the flu in the early 1970s. I dragged for a month. The next year and every year since then I'm first in line for my flu shot. They have worked 100% for me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 58 Posts