Astra Zeneca calls off Vaccine Trials

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by MaxxAction, Sep 8, 2020.

1. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

2. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Did you even read the article you posted? They didn't call off or cancel anything.

"As part of the ongoing randomized, controlled global trials of the Oxford coronavirus vaccine, our standard review process triggered a pause to vaccination to allow review of safety data," the company said in a statement sent to CNN.
    "This is a routine action which has to happen whenever there is a potentially unexplained illness in one of the trials, while it is investigated, ensuring we maintain the integrity of the trials," the statement added.

"In large trials, illnesses will happen by chance but must be independently reviewed to check this carefully. We are working to expedite the review of the single event to minimize any potential impact on the trial timeline. We are committed to the safety of our participants and the highest standards of conduct in our trials."

3. WillyM

WillyM

It doesn't surprise me, in the 70's the flu vaccine was rushed. I recall, it killed multitudes, and incapacitated another number of people. It wouldn't surprise me if history were to repeat itself. Vaccines take time, study, and refinement.

nautoncall, Paul53 and tuica like this.
  4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Might want to tell Trump that.

Still though, the state of science and medicine today is vastly more advanced than 50 years ago.

Paul53 likes this.
  5. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Source? Never heard of that and can't find anything on the google. Plus the flu vaccine was developed in the 1940s, not the 70s.

6. WillyM

WillyM

True, but when you rush things... SH_ T happens. Things take time and should not be rushed.

7. WillyM

WillyM

Never said it was developed in the 70's, said a vaccine used in the 70's that was rushed due to an "epidemic".I don't need to Google it, I saw and lived it in NYC.

Paul53 likes this.
  8. hurley842002

hurley842002

So you are just going to side step your inaccurate post, or are you going to clarify?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

9. mj9mm

mj9mm

anyone interested in volunteering?

flyover and Intolerant like this.
  10. WillyM

WillyM

To clarify, I lived and saw it. This is not hear say, nor fake news. I lived and saw how it happened. It is your choice to research and/or believe me or not. I know it happened, and will be damned to get vaccinated, unless I'm dead. I firmly believe there is more danger in getting vaccinated, than taking your own risk, from past experience. You can do as you like, I will take my chances. The "rushed" vaccine poses more danger than not getting vaccinated, IMHO.

11. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

Sounds like the battle cry of the Left, and Progressives. If one person has ill effects, game over. Some the test now to save lives?????

Not haw the Marines took IWO JIMA, they know their would be death, and wounded, but the jump off the higher boats, killed Japs, and took the island.

billy_56081 likes this.
  12. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

Sounds like the battle cry of the Left, and Progressives. If one person has ill effects, game over. Some the test now to save lives?????

Not haw the Marines took IWO JIMA, they know their would be death, and wounded, but the jump off the higher boats, killed Japs, and took the island.

billy_56081 likes this.
  13. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Are you referring to the vaccine developed for the hong kong flu of 1968? That's the closest epidemic to the 70s. I can't find anything about that vaccine killing people. That would have been a pretty big deal and information would be widely available. Not calling you a liar. Perhaps you're misremembring it but if it did happen, I'd be very interested in reading about it.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  14. WillyM

WillyM

Not progressive here, strictly Trump...you can take your chance and/or do some research, regardless I will bring you flowers if it doesn't work out for you.

15. thespork

thespork

You recall wrongly....

Mr Meeseeks and billy_56081 like this.
  16. WillyM

WillyM

It could be, I was a child. I did see the news and people lining up to get shots. Then I also remember the news ranting about the deaths related to the vaccine. Again 1968 sounds wrong because I would have been 1yr old, I think it was more like '73 or '74.

17. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Well until they prove the vaccine is effective and safe, I'll trust in my antibodies and memory T cells. They worked well enough on my Covid-19 in February.

nautoncall, Mr Meeseeks and WillyM like this.
  18. WillyM

WillyM

I'm not here to argue or convince. I only state what I know/remember, your choice to believe or not.

19. WillyM

WillyM

Exactly

20. FCastle88

FCastle88

He overstated the extent of the issue, but there was a flu vaccine in the 70's linked to a pretty bad side effect and some deaths.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599698/

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    RichardB likes this.