close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Astra Cub Grip Screws?!?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MSaxatilus, Mar 17, 2010.

1. MSaxatilus

MSaxatilus

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but my brother and I were recently cleaning up one of my Dad's old guns. Its a .25 Astra Cub that apparently has aftermarket black pearl grips (pretty cool actually). However, the grips tend to move a bit and when we tried to tighten the screws we noticed that they are simply not long enough to get a good bite and securly hold the grips in place.

Anybody know where I could get some replacement grip screws for this old gun?

Thanks,
    MSax

2. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

I did a quick search and found a lot of grips but no screws. Here's what I would do.

Take one of the screws to a really good, old-time hardware store. Find a nut to match the screw. Then find a longer screw with the appropriate head to match the nut. If it's a little too long and interferes with the magazine, you can always cut or grind the screw down a little. Make sure the head is a close match.

Save the original screws, and enjoy the little gun.

3. eisman

eisman ARGH! CLM

NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!

All firearms use screws that have specific threads. Gun screws are unique, very few other industries use common gunscrew thread counts. Hardware stores, no matter how good, will not have screws to match. European guns are even more interesting, as they often have metric fine threads.

Call Jack First Parts and pay the freight.

4. Berto

Berto woo woo

You can often find the screws at a place that specializes in bolts and screws, I've gone to a local shop (Tacoma Screw) and found screws identical to what I needed for an Arcus pistol, trimmed to proper length.
    It's worth trying.

5. Dolomite

Dolomite Glock Bhagwan

Tried Bob's Gun Parts?

www.gun-parts.com

ooh - looks like they may be out... might be worth a call tho.

6. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

My Dad has an Astra Cub in in .22 short. He purchased it at a Western Auto in the 60's, he still has the original sales receipt, 39.99 + tax