Glock Talk banner

Astigmatism and New Sights for my 26/43?

4118 Views 32 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Paullace
So I have a pretty decent astigmatism in both eyes, which makes trying to use 3 dot sights a nightmare, especially if shooting both eyes open.

Looking for some night sights to install on my 26 & 43 that will allow quick target acquisition. Still would like to be able to maintain some accuracy, not just minute of pizza pan lol.

Anybody in the same boat and found any good solutions? Any input is greatly appreciated!
Reactions: Navy1964
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
CAP sight update: So, I received my replacement front sight about a week or so after contacting Ameriglo.

Installed the new front sight today....and it was just as loose as the original one. Still have to manually look and center the front sight before tightening to avoid it pointing off a few degrees.

Wondering if it is just my slide, I pulled out my wife's brand new G43. Factory front sight was super tight. Installed the CAP front sight, and it was loose in the 43 too. Did some searching, and it appears others have had the same issue even with their replacement sights.

Also, I compared the sights side by side with the paint application. Gave them both the same light exposure from the flashlight on my phone at the same time and then put them side by side. The new one glowed significantly brighter than the original one.

I still need to go put a couple hundred rounds through my 26 to see if the sight remains in place or not.

So, overall, I believe this will be my first and last set of Ameriglo sights. Maybe being too picky, but I just don't think that front sight should wiggle around like this.

· Registered
5,381 Posts
Any site that I ever had was a little bit loose when I put it in. That including my big dots. I always put Loctite in the hole where the site goes to close at up and never had a problem with any sights coming loose. I just put a set of cap sights on my 37 today and that was a little loose. I always was glad that they were little lose so I can line them up. I have put sights on 6 Glocks but they were either Amerglo or XS and they would never tight when they went in.

· Registered
2,000 Posts
CAP sight update: So, I received my replacement front sight about a week or so after contacting Ameriglo.

Installed the new front sight today....and it was just as loose as the original one. Still have to manually look and center the front sight before tightening to avoid it pointing off a few degrees.

Wondering if it is just my slide, I pulled out my wife's brand new G43. Factory front sight was super tight. Installed the CAP front sight, and it was loose in the 43 too. Did some searching, and it appears others have had the same issue even with their replacement sights.

Also, I compared the sights side by side with the paint application. Gave them both the same light exposure from the flashlight on my phone at the same time and then put them side by side. The new one glowed significantly brighter than the original one.

I still need to go put a couple hundred rounds through my 26 to see if the sight remains in place or not.

So, overall, I believe this will be my first and last set of Ameriglo sights. Maybe being too picky, but I just don't think that front sight should wiggle around like this.
That's just the way they are I've installed 2 sets of TCAPS both times I had to center up the front.
No big deal use plenty blue locktight and move on . Neither set has come loose and 1 set being on my g20 10mm with my hand loads.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.