Assault Weapons Ban IS on the table - Mitch McConnell

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by Intolerant, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Intolerant

Intolerant

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. gp23

gp23

Smh....insanity.

glock1097 and Intolerant like this.

3. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

It will not pass. The last one was devastating for the Dems. The Republican aren’t that stupid.

Correction -

I hope they they aren’t that stupid.

fx77, glock1097, Just Glocks and 7 others like this.
  4. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

Well, Mitch, you can’t have them.

5. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

Law Enforcement doesn’t take your guns. Gestapo does. Organize and strategize if it passes. If it doesn’t, thank the Good Lord once again.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

That video is misstating the facts. He did NOT say an AWB is "front and center", he said that about red flag and enhanced background checks.

Settle down people. BTW, nothing is happening on the Republican side without implicit, or explicit, support and direction from Trump. And remember that in the end nothing happens unless Trump signs it.

7. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

What i took from the quotes and snippets that I saw on Sunday, it came across that he was not going to allow a vote for something that will fail to pass. It seems like the Republicans are concerned to have another critical vote to crash and burn like the healthcare vote.
    So, nothing is going happen.
    The only thing I can imagine that has a chance to pass is making "stronger background checks" such as allowing the juvenile records to come into play. I personally would not object to that. Not sure if that would have prevented the Dayton, OH shooting.

porschedog and Just_plinking like this.
  8. Intolerant

Intolerant

I hope it dosent pass either. God help us, if it does. This next election will surely decide the fate of this country.

9. Intolerant

Intolerant

The ONLY thing that will stop alot of these senseless killings, is to change the culture. Until that happens, you can have all the spiffy laws in the world, it won`t stop people from killing. A gun is NOT the only tool in the toolbox. But you can`t tell a stupid politician that, thats not what they want to hear. Because a fix to the problem it wont get them re-elected. They WANT all this chaos, so they can continue being famous with their base, pass feel good laws, all while they keep stealing money and power. Change the culture, and change the govOment. There`s your solution.

Kind of why you don`t see a cure for cancer. There is no HUGE money to be made in cures. Same holds true for govOment poisonticians. Cant profit without chaos.

10. Glockman4

Glockman4

Apparently Joshua Prince posted that a brace ban is incoming as well...

Not sure how accurate but it’s floating around out there right now.

11. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

I could see braces being restricted to people that are legally considered to have a disability coming down the on us.

12. Intolerant

Intolerant

These poisonticians don`t care about the disabled people. They`ll ban EVERYTHING THEY CAN!
    That IS their agenda!

Macc283, quasii, glock1097 and 3 others like this.
  13. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

The only constant is change. The term "senseless" unfortunately is of moral relativity. If you expect senseless killings to end then you and all of us Homo sapiens will need to be extinct.
    Please define "spiffy laws". I hope you don't agree with POTUS that some of the things in the Constitution, like "due process" is too spiffy. What about immigration laws? The influx of migrants under his watch continues to grow. He already jumped on the "bump stocks". How far down his list do you think is magazine capacity? But, whatever he does he will have those supporters; it is on par of the monotheistic Abrahamic faiths.
    Currently, I lay the blame of the chaotic cultural and societal facets of our country the citizens able to vote, the Russians and Chinese. I will give the Russians for playing us against ourselves and from within. No use of military force but just resourceful intelligence.
    Your expectation that we can understand, much less treat, all medical conditions is unrealistic and a fallacy; see my first sentence. It holds especially true for living organisms.

14. Intolerant

Intolerant

I`ve seen ALOT in my lifetime. From my view and opinion, it is liberalism that has rotted this country. Get rid of liberalism, things will start to head back to the right direction of morals and respect.

15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I don't get the logic here.

1. Politically, Republicans can only lose and cannot win with gun control. The only people who will cheer for new gun control would not vote Republican if the Republicans gave them every single thing they want in one package. On the side that would vote Republican, this obviously loses them a LOT more votes than it could gain them. Are they out of touch with the voters, or am I?

2. Factually, everybody who is interested in the issue knows the crisis is fake and being used for political purposes, since we are living in the safest time in America that any of us has ever seen. Since it's purely political, refer back to #1.

fxstchewy, Macc283, F14A and 4 others like this.
  16. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Translation: the gop intends to Clinton itself.

Just Glocks likes this.
  17. jp 19

jp 19

SO? It has always “been on the table” and always will be.

18. Intolerant

Intolerant

Your right jp, but this time around, its not a politician in the white house. They are doing this to press trump`s buttons, get under his skin, try to see he will break, and give in to them with gun control. (alotta trump supporters need to do some really deep thinking - a one line vote is NOT smart) I hope it fails, because i dont want to see more laws. More laws wont fix the problem. Changing the culture is the only thing that can fix most of the country`s problem. I`m 70yrs old, i`ve seen alotta gun BS come over this country. Thankfully, we`ve beat it back to a degree, but its just going to keep coming, until, eventually, the indoctrinated children take over the country, and, they will. We are small in numbers. The majority of people (especially the young high school & college kids) DONT like firearms. More people are scared of them, than those who enjoy them. We`re up against a whole new mob of gun haters in this country. Hang in there, this is likely going to get worse. As for "always been on the table", not like this before. This is a different kind of stupid. Here in NY, nobody gave up any guns. Smart gun folks have beat them every time with changes being made to the AR`s here. But an all out ban, is an all out ban. Pray to god that it dosent happen. But we`re closer than ever before, to an all out ban.

Macc283 and glock1097 like this.
  19. yamen1999

yamen1999

Macc283 and Intolerant like this.
  20. jp 19

jp 19

@Intolerant pretty much agree with ta then again I am just a few months off 70 ( but dam I still look good :) ) you keep everything on the table even if it is not... McConnell ain’t no fool he has been playing the game along time and that is what it is .... a game. Like Kenny said “you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em... ) peace bro .

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Intolerant likes this.