Assault Rifle Legalities

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jlkwison, Jun 18, 2005.

1. jlkwison

jlkwison custom

First of all, I want to say hello to everyone. I'm a new member and Im happy to know that there are guys like you who share my interest. I've been reading your forums for quite sometime now and I have learned a lot from you guys regarding firearms and safety and I hope that I can return the favor to you guys in the future.

...now to my question ;f

Is it really legal for a civilian to own an AR15 (full auto version) here in the Phillipines ? If it is, can anyone tell me the steps ?

PS

When I attended a gun safety seminar last year I asked the instructor if a civilian can buy a brand new AR15 and have it licensed, he told me that the Government does not issue assault weapon licenses to civilians period. However, I'm a bit confused since sometimes i hear of civis who have licensed ARs, in addition, a popular local tech magazine featured a doctor who collects assault rifles and each are licensed.

Thanks

2. jundeleon

jundeleon

You can legally own an assault rifle when there is a prevailing firearms amnesty program implemented by government thru the PNP Firearms and Explosives Division.

Rifles, used or new, can be bought from individual resellers.

Some gun stores do sell new rifles but only to regular customers. Its an under the table deal that they can legalize for a fee.

If you want a new one, its best that you just buy the parts and have someone put it together for you. Then register it later.

3. royal glockster

royal glockster

you said it right Jun! :cool:

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

a lot but not all of our police personal are not so well versed with existing laws. As per the Executive Order signed by Pres. Erap, any Filipino can own rifles provided it is not classified as an anti-tank weapon. at the same time, it is up to the pnp to set the policy guidelines

5. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

+ 1

by the way, gunshow next month. only that they might not be allowed to display certain types of tools for the general public.

6. jlkwison

jlkwison custom

Thanks for the info & advice. All my research with regards to the AR15 might not be invain :]

Yup, next month na gun show, kita kits :]

Thanks

7. glockomolly

glockomolly Dirty Dawg

If you want a new one, its best that you just buy the parts and have someone put it together for you. Then register it later. [/B][/QUOTE]

So you can have it registered -only if there is an amnesty program? If theres no program going on, will you be in trouble if you try to register it? Can you name some gunstores who sells assualt rifles? :cool:

8. royal glockster

royal glockster

So you can have it registered -only if there is an amnesty program? If theres no program going on, will you be in trouble if you try to register it? Can you name some gunstores who sells assualt rifles? :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

As a general rule, gunstores are not allowed to sell assault rifles to civvies, only to the military/law enforcement personnel with a rank of major and up. Few of them, however, sold their automatics to selected customers and these are reputable stores! Mostly politicians are the favored clients here. The only way, therefore, for the ordinary guy to acquire assault rifles is through the amnesty program. Well, you can always avail of these amnesty any time even if the program is already expired, if the price is right. Di nawawala ang lagayan sa pinas dre. BTW, gunstores who are authorized to sell automatics to qualified buyers (military/police) are Twin Pines (AK47, M14) and Advanced Weapons (GAlil).

9. 9MX

9MX Rei!

royal glockster,

true weight also assembles M-4s based on customer specs.the amnesty program is not the only way to legally own rifles, especially to active members of the ppsa;)

10. jlkwison

jlkwison custom

Thanks 9MX for the info on where to have an AR assembled :] Do you have any idea how much would it cost (jst the M4 type with a bushmaster/colt receiver) and that if they'll entertain a walkin customer (me) with that request ? :)

11. homer_m

homer_m

you'll probably spend around 125k - 150k for the basic m4 set-up. pm me if you're really interested. i could assist you.

12. 9MX

9MX Rei!

of course they will, di naman sila galit sa pera. ;f

13. jlkwison

jlkwison custom

Thanks lots Sir Homer_M for the offer. I'll drop you a note when I decide to get one already :) a 2nd hand unit was offered to me once for 50t (no lic) COLT baby no frills/rails. The problem was, I didnt know if I could have it licensed then and even if i did, I still would have liked a brand new unit (125-150k is brandnew right?). So anyways, thanks again, it gets clearer and clearer everyday, now the easy part left is to save up for it ;)

Thanks lots too Sir 9MX

ahhh...one more thing, can you get the AR a ptt as easy as you can get a ptt for a pistol ? Thanks

14. royal glockster

royal glockster

ahhh...one more thing, can you get the AR a ptt as easy as you can get a ptt for a pistol ? Thanks [/B][/QUOTE]

WEll....sad to say, :( under PNP Chief Lomibao, suspended po and issuance ng PTT sa high power rifle. ;g . Titigan na lang natin sa bahay!!;b

15. royal glockster

royal glockster

They do not sell their rifles openly. Precisely I said to selected customers only because you cannot just go there and say, "Hey! i want to buy an M4" and they will present the unit. No. You must be known to Roland Tan or Manny, or there must be a referral from someone who is known to them. When it comes to licensing of high power rifle, malakas lang talaga ang trueweight sa FED.

BTW, First gentleman mike arroyo and sen. robert barbers are among their selected customers with customized serial nos. There are also other gunstores who sell their automatics to civvies, patago nga lang. Sorry, i cannot divulge their identity for security reasons. :cool:

16. MAJINKONG

MAJINKONG Sr. Member

noted pare

17. atmarcella

atmarcella

WEll....sad to say, :( under PNP Chief Lomibao, suspended po and issuance ng PTT sa high power rifle. ;g . Titigan na lang natin sa bahay!!;b [/B][/QUOTE]

or if you know someone at the local army camp you can practice at their range;f

18. MELBU

MELBU Ann2Tero

Hello peeps, add ko lang info about the Philippine Gun Amnesty.
    I took care of it myself, its very easy, hassle free and you are
    sure that your license is AUTHENTIC compared to the non-appearance
    or palakad thing to gun agents.

Mura lang at madali.

For pistols - P2,000
    For high powered rifles, sub machine gun etc.... - P3,000

Here's a step by step procedure for the Gun Amnesty in Camp Crame.

1st, fill-up a Registration Form.
    This will only take 10mins.
    They will enter the serial number of your gun for the transport permit.

2nd Day
    They will give you your Firearm Permit to Transport, and license
    application form.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3rd (Next day)
    Fill-up the forms and bring your gun to camp crame for Ballistics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4th (same day)
    After Ballistics go to FED Bldg. for stencil.

5th - After stencil go to payment section and your done!

Rifle is now licensed next step go or join
    a gun club so they can issue you a Transport Permit from home to
    gun range.

[​IMG]

Napansin ko nung pagpunta ko sa amnesty sa crame ang dami palang
    pinoy na may high powered guns at sub machine guns hehehe.

Hope this helps!

Melbu
    Team MS Lacson (Real Steel)
    Team Raptor (Airsoft)

19. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Thanks for the info and the pics, Melbu. Welcome to the forum :)

20. atmarcella

atmarcella