GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Obama tried and failed I think it was right after Parkland. He had that news conference out on the Rose garden with the parents and the kids. I think the odd's are slim for Biden getting it done. Not to say there won't be panic buying. Lets face it. The dems are the best gun and ammo salesmen's out there.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Obama tried and failed I think it was right after Parkland. He had that news conference out on the Rose garden with the parents and the kids. I think the odd's are slim for Biden getting it done. Not to say there won't be panic buying. Lets face it. The dems are the best gun and ammo salesmen's out there.
What bill came out at that time? Biden isn't just running his yap. There's already a bill on the table isn't there?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

POTUS Obama put his VP in charge of finding a solution to a perceived gun problem. The POTUS knew he would not get anywhere with it so better his VP take the heat. He was right, it went nowhere. That same VP is just as inept today as he was then, but Congress has changed radically. IMO, it is a jump ball this time.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,172 Posts
Considering mr biden has already done the exact opposite from what he promised during his campaign, and had no concerns at all about the effects of his mandates, I believe there is a good chance he will ban SA platforms of all kinds as well as magazines

·
Registered
5,240 Posts

POTUS Obama put his VP in charge of finding a solution to a perceived gun problem. The POTUS knew he would not get anywhere with it so better his VP take the heat. He was right, it went nowhere. That same VP is just as inept today as he was then, but Congress has changed radically. IMO, it is a jump ball this time.
Exactly. We can't compare these times to those.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Yeah, no, they're not. There is a limited number and you have to jump through some hoops to own one, but they're not banned.
Would you say The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 was a ban?

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Yeah, no, they're not. There is a limited number and you have to jump through some hoops to own one, but they're not banned.
While not banned by definition, they're effective banned through pricing. Most can't afford them; for many others, it's not worth the price. I'd own a few if they were priced similar to semi-auto weapons! Heck, if there were little or zero difference in pricing, who wouldn't want select fire over semi-auto?

The same thing could happen through forced registration of "assault" weapons.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
From the BATF website.

Prohibitions on Certain Types of Firearms
Federal firearms laws prohibit transactions in and possession of certain types of firearms. These include, for example:
  • Transfer or possession of a machinegun, 18 USC 922(o);
  • Manufacture, importation, sale, or possession of any firearm not detectable by airport security devices, 18 USC 922(p);

·
Registered
689 Posts
There has been but the run has been on 10 round mags, can’t find any S&W 9C 2.0.

It’s my guess that the belief is no grandfathering on 10+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, then nobody can even carry most handguns, if you don’t have a new 10 round magazine.
Would be felony.
A Joe Biden wet dream !

·
Registered
689 Posts

Cho abided by all of the Clinton Gun Crime Bill laws.
When he killed 32 and shot many more who survived.
He only used multiple 10 round magazines.

He voted Democrat too.

·
Registered
689 Posts

Id quit replying to all of the threads asking everyone about what guns you own.
Biden’s people could be setting us up.
He will have your posts.
They can trace anyone’s identity.
Then charge you with lying to the FBI, a felony & prison time, till you give them all up.
Put as much time between now and then, to logically, have had time to sell them !

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
View attachment 908935
Cho abided by all of the Clinton Gun Crime Bill laws.
When he killed 32 and shot many more who survived.
He only used multiple 10 round magazines.
View attachment 908937
He voted Democrat too.
Colombine dudes used AWB legal guns too I believe. IIRC the main culprit was a shotgun.

The major factor in nearly all the mass shootings has been time with unarmed victims, not weapon.

But of course we all here know that.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Maybe not anytime soon. But I think magazine fed semi auto rifles will eventually be reclassified as NFA/title 2 items. It’s not a stretch when you consider a single shot shotgun with a 12” barrel is an NFA item that takes a lot of time to acquire, but you can walk into a gun shop and buy a semi auto belt fed SAW in 20 minutes. Depends on the political climate I guess.

Nothing usually happens that fast. But under certain circumstances and 50 years from now owning a semi auto AR/Ak would be as rare and expensive as automatic firearms are today.

81 - 100 of 197 Posts