GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 208 Posts

·
Federal Member
29,362 Posts
If the midterm elections help the Republicans pick up more seats, I feel the chance of any major gun legislation will have very little chance of passing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
How do you eat an Elephant? One bite at a time.

The New gun owners total 8 million, but not all agree on issues or their existence. Myself no longer will lead the Financial Charge nor the support of the NRA, I will let others now do so.

This Forum has many who talk the talk, but will not walk the required distance. I will watch as time passes and things do change.
I am not in the loop for everything about the NRA. You don't have to do a whole a lot to be honest. Just vote pro 2A, and keep your money in your pocket.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Please explain your statement. Mr. Reagan was POTUS from 1981 to 1989. Bush 41 followed him for four years. Then came Mr. Clinton, (a Democrat) who was POTUS when the AWB passed in 1994.

Yes, Mr. Reagan was a great President, and I am anything BUT a RINO. Are you saying he actively campaigned for the AWB during the Clinton administration?
Yes, aside from the '86 loss of machine guns he signed, he actively supported by means of great influence on GOP, the Brady bill and AWB. His tampering likely got the thing passed.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Please explain your statement. Mr. Reagan was POTUS from 1981 to 1989. Bush 41 followed him for four years. Then came Mr. Clinton, (a Democrat) who was POTUS when the AWB passed in 1994.

Yes, Mr. Reagan was a great President, and I am anything BUT a RINO. Are you saying he actively campaigned for the AWB during the Clinton administration?
You must be very young to not know.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
My prediction;mag capacity limit ,UBC, red flag.

Everything else is head fake.

They’ll pick the low hanging fruit and take a victory lap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

·
Registered
7,434 Posts

I don't think they'll get a nationwide mag limit either, but agree they'll settle for "common sense" UBC and Red Flag as a compromise.

Both of which are almost as bad as an outright ban because we all know they'll be abused.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts

Regarding magazine limits, it is within the power of Congress to ban the new manufacture and sale of magazines that exceed a capacity of X rounds. This should concern us all greatly.

Regarding UBC's, Congress lacks the authority to require background checks on private sales intrastate, as such transactions occur outside of interstate commerce. The GCA/BHVPA background check requirement for firearm transactions that cross state lines is the constitutional limit. The BHVPA was intentionally limited this way because Congress knew it wouldn't withstand a constitutional challenge in court otherwise. A new, separate law won't be any less unconstitutional, and expanding the BHVPA itself to incorporate UBC's will put the BHVPA at risk entirely.

Similarly, ERPO (red flag) is outside of the authority of Congress, as it is unrelated to interstate commerce. For ERPO and UBC's, Congress would have no choice but to rely on the states to pass their own legislation, and most likely would bribe them to do so with federal funding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The problem with any gun control regulation as we all know here is it is aimed at the law abiding citizen gun owners. The problem that needs to be addressed is the criminals access to guns considering they don't go through any legal channels that these laws are aimed at.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
A new AWB all depends on Joe Manchin's credibility. He talks the talk but when it's crunch time he's got to walk the walk, echoing an earlier comment.

·
Registered
PIETRO BERETTA GARDONE V.T. MADE IN ITALY
353 Posts
Not really a whole lot standing in their way especially if they time it right and push after the next major shooting. Executive order will take care of all things imported with the stroke of a pen, and as far as Congress passing anything it will likely be a watered down form of something. UBC or at worst a mag limit. I don't see any ban coming from Congress right now, the majority is too slim.​

Reactions: RisingPhoenix

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Honestly, I don’t think it’s very likely at this time. Red states are already posturing against it. Eight million plus new gun owners. The dem’s house and senate majorities are slim, and I’m sure they remember what happened with Clinton’s gun ban. They saw what happened after the new laws were enacted in VA, CT, and elsewhere and they are aware that there will be massive non-compliance with any new nonsense they enact.
Eight million new gun owners, but likely that most of those are handguns and shotguns, not "assault weapons", so I wouldn't count on those new gun owners to be too concerned about an assault weapons ban, especially if they're Dems.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
I don't expect that a ban will pass the senate, maybe not even the house.. First they would have to eliminate the filibuster. Without it ten republicans would have to be persuaded to vote in favor. Even without the filibuster just one democrat in a red or purple district would see a vote in favor as a sure threat to his/her re-election.

Now a universal background check, useless as it will be, is a possibility.
We just had seven Republican senators vote to convict Trump, so I'm not sure that I would count on the filibuster to keep us safe from new gun control laws.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Assault weapons are banned for a long while now, but the term just gets redefined every time a communist leaning administration is in place. I won't be surprise if slick Joe tries to quietly sneak another AWB while the rest of the country are so entertained by climate change, COVID variant and other distraction effort they have.
What assault weapons are banned on a federal level?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
The Dems aren't afraid of elections anymore. They've just shown that they can cheat and get away with it, so I don't think many Dem politicians are worried about pissing off their constituents. They can do whatever they want without consequences.
This.

This is one of the biggest consequences of the 2020 election. It’s why we’re going see all all kinds of ******* bull**** passed that we wouldn’t have had to worry about in the past.

Buckle up butter cup. If you think today’s Dems are in any way timid or hesitant to come after you, full bore, you’d better re-think.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I'm very surprised we haven't seen a run on magazines like we did on ammo.
There has been but the run has been on 10 round mags, can’t find any S&W 9C 2.0.

It’s my guess that the belief is no grandfathering on 10+

61 - 80 of 208 Posts