GlockTalk Forum banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
LOL....thanks for the entertainment.
You are welcome, but I should point out that you seem to have misspelled "education." :) Then again, it is possible to educate a person in an entertaining way, so maybe I did both....

·
AAAMAD
30,929 Posts
Jeff you should probably count the number of shooters. I'd already counted them before I called you out about them. You first asserted that the CBS documentary showed most of them, if we're being charitable you could make an argument it shows half.

Alas, at this point I'm done. You've proven that you aren't interested, or capable of having an honest discussion, you won't even admit to things that are quoted from your very posts, or quotes you pulled from other places.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Here it is again. Watch it this time. Then work on removing your foot from your mouth. Faceplant even quoted it and made his usual 3rd-grade ad hominem insult (which made no sense, BTW)
Not sure where the insult is.
"So one of our more prolific military snipers claims he couldn't make those shots and a civilian shooter shows that he can. :dunno:"
Let's see if I can make a better statement. If Carlos Hathcock one of our better snipers states that he was unable to duplicate the shots and according to CBS one of their civilian shooters hit 3/3 it leaves me scratching my head. Thats all. No insults implied.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
I've been there also. The actual window from which Oswald fired is glassed off, but the one right next to it is available to look through. I remember thinking what an easy shot that would of been down to the street below. The only basic issue Oswald had would be with the moving limo, but it was only doing about 20 MPH. I'm not much of a rifleman, but it didn't seem to difficult to me.
Walter Cronkite got a Marine rifleman and recreated the scenario, shooting height, distance and moving target. Their rifleman did pretty well on hitting the target. Cronkite, the most trusted journalist of his time, concluded that it was indeed possible for one sniper to have done it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It probably made the most sense that Oswald's position (6th floor of the TSBD) is the best spot. Either that or something lower like 2nd floor of the Dal-Tex Building. That's why I think Grassy Knoll is disinformation, much harder to hit that target moving left to right rather than directly away from you.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Jeff you should probably count the number of shooters. now you're an SME testifying as to what 10 shooters did based on a video clip of one shooter.
Are you the same AK_Stick who said, about 1 page back,
"...now you're an SME testifying as to what 10 shooters did based on a video clip of one shooter" ??

Or perhaps there is a conspiracy that has taken your screen name and framed you, making it look like you said it was a video clip of one shooter?

Was it really just one shooter in that video clip? (Or should it be called a video magazine, to be accurate?) :)

I'd already counted them before I called you out about them.
Did you get past "one" when you were counting them?

Alas, at this point I'm done.
That is probably the smartest thing you have posted lately. One should quit when one is losing. And that's okay. This is just a discussion forum, and what we think isn't really going to affect the world much if at all, and JFK is dead regardless what we think about the circumstances of his death. We are alive and there are more important things to debate than this anyhow. And we probably agree on many other things.

See you in another thread, when you're in less of an attack-mode mood, perhaps.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Walter Cronkite got a Marine rifleman and recreated the scenario, shooting height, distance and moving target. Their rifleman did pretty well on hitting the target. Cronkite, the most trusted journalist of his time, concluded that it was indeed possible for one sniper to have done it.
Agreed. Well said.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Not sure where the insult is.
Sorry, I initially misunderstood what you were talking about in that post. You were just saying that the civilian shooter(s) hired by CBS seem to refute Hathcock's opinion. I apologize for incorrectly saying that was insulting.

I was probably still salty about your accusing me of being incredibly incompetent and that made me read your other comment too quickly (I have shot a gun, so that left "incredibly incompetent" as the only option:

"I have learned that there is one person in this thread that has never shot a gun or is so incredibly incompetent with a firearm that he can't imagine someone else could hit a man sized target at 88yds."

And thanks for your gracious response and question about what I thought was insulting. I wouldn't have blamed you for replying with a snarky comeback. I will remember that and try to take my own advice and read more carefully before responding, as well as taking the high ground instead of the easy comeback. :)

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,261 Posts
I've been there also. The actual window from which Oswald fired is glassed off, but the one right next to it is available to look through. I remember thinking what an easy shot that would of been down to the street below. The only basic issue Oswald had would be with the moving limo, but it was only doing about 20 MPH. I'm not much of a rifleman, but it didn't seem to difficult to me.
Driver had slowed down to 8 MPH by the time the third shot was taken. He should have floored it.

321 - 330 of 330 Posts